four.

A few days later, and classes were all set to start at NCAT

A few days later, and classes were all set to start at NCAT. Sakari stepped back into her dorm after her shower, getting ready to get dressed and head out for her 10 A.M. lecture.

Sakari was in the Child Development and Family studies program at her school, with a focus on Early Childhood Education. She had wanted to be a preschool teacher for as long as she could remember—Ms. Honey from Matilda was her earliest inspiration.

She loved school and loved to learn new things, so to impart that onto young kids was something she could see herself doing for years. She wanted to be the reason kids were excited to come to school, and tell their parents all the cool things they did in class that day.

Now, she was getting ready for her child development class, which she was excited about. She thought one of the coolest parts of her major were the psychological kind of classes, the ones that helped her learn more about kids, their behavior and how to handle it.

"Have a good day, Jeli!" Sakari called, rubbing cocoa butter into her skin.

Jelani was a Chemical Engineering major, so she had a bit of a more hectic schedule than Sakari.

"Thank you baby, you too! Text me so we can go get lunch, your classes are over at like 1:30 right?" she asked.

"Yep, I'll text you, now go! Before you late on your first day," she waved her off and Jelani took off with a smile.

Sakari took her time picking out something to wear, she wanted to be comfortable since she'd be out till about 3 today, but she also wanted to make a good impression at least once before coming to class in her pajamas—which was her favorite thing to do.

She hummed to herself as she got dressed, when her phone began to ring, and she saw that her sister's iPad was calling, which was slightly confusing because she should have been at school by now.

"Hello?" she answered. "Oh! Hi Big mama," she waved at her grandmother with a smile.

"Hi my baby. How are you?" she wondered. "I hope you're okay all the way up there,"

"I'm good Big mama. How are you? You okay?" she tilted her head. Her grandmother usually would call on her own phone if she wanted to talk, so she was slightly confused.

"Oh I'm fine, love. Your brother keeps calling your name chile and he won't go down for a nap so I figured he misses you," she explained, turning the iPad toward Tyree who was looking all over, most likely for his sister.

"Aw, my baby. Hey fatman!" she called and he turned to face her. "It's Sissa! Hi baby,"

"Sissa!" he cheered, with a grin on his face, little dimples poking into his cheeks. When Ty was born, Sakari fell in love. It happened with all her siblings but as a teenager having such a young sibling was so precious to her. She loved watching him grow into his own little person every day. She felt like his mom when their mom wasn't around.