She wasn't, yet they never managed to figure that out.

"N-no..." she muttered out in shock as the video played. Nina dropped the tablet with a gasp, watching as the screen cracked and the media was played on repeat.

Nina didn't know what she was expecting but she sure as hell wasn't expecting to watch the exact moment she'd received the injury that almost killed her.

And she sure as hell wasn't expecting the person wielding the life to be him.

"Impossible," she whispered, her voice barely audible as she watched the ordeal in unfiltered HD.

Nina watched, on loop, as her knife left his hand, embedding itself in her throat. She watched, nauseous, as blood dripped down her pale neck before her past self realised she'd been stabbed. She watched as Nina of the past fell to the ground, pain filling her face. Nina watched the slight smirk on the face of the man responsible for her injuries before concern filled his features as he realised he'd put a knife through her neck.

She watched, in pure terror, as Grant Ward tried to kill her.

"Ward? No... he wouldn't, Grant... he couldn't..." Nina couldn't organise her thoughts as the screen skipped and the video was replaced with live footage.

Live footage of the man responsible for her state, sitting on a bed and staring up at the camera. Nina's face contoured into one of anger as her panic subsided and betrayal took its place.

She felt blood drip down her palm as her nails dug into her skin while her body shook in anger. She was livid for two reasons; one, Ward had tried to kill her and two, no one thought it was something she needed to know.

Nina stepped towards the tablet and sent the heel of her boot through the screen, breaking it completely and reducing the display to nothing but black. She practically growled as she turned back to face the door of Coulson's office with a clear idea as to where Ward was.

After all, there was only one door Hunter hadn't opened during the tour of the Playground.

Nina stalked out of the room, passing agents who'd seen her in her panicked state but who jumped out of the way when they felt the murderous intent pouring off of her. She'd expressed her annoyance for being kept in the dark later but as of right now she had only one thought.

Grant Ward was a fucking dead man.

*

"SHIELD is a terrorist organization and they should be treated as such," a voice filled the room from the television playing an interview. The man who answered the question was none other than a certain dead man's brother, Senator Christian Ward.

"Is that what you plan to speak about at the UN's emergency session tomorrow?" the reporter asked. Skye and Coulson stood side by side in the room, watching as the interview played out, both growing more irritated by the circumstances.

"What I plan to do is lay out a proposal for a multi-national police force that will target those suspected of ties with SHIELD. Using any and all means necessary," the senator answered causing Coulson and Skye to share a concerned look.

"Anyone suspected of ties? Who determines that?" a new voice joined the conversation. The man was listed on the screen as Julien Beckers, Minister of Foreign Affairs Belgium, "Belgium will never accept this proposal. It destroys the very idea of citizens' rights."

"Mr Beckers, if you want to welcome SHIELD at your borders with open arms, be my guest," Chrisitan responded with a political smile, "but this infestation needs to be exterminated."