CH 23: Stop (Hurting Me)

Third person point of view:

   "i can't see you as someone more than being my brother. "

    Mikaela remembers it all. Yuuichiro rejected him. He stares at the ceiling blankly. So why the heck is this happening?!

    He woke up feeling warmer than usual, soon realizing that Yuuichiro is right beside him. Not just that, the raven is spooning him.

Heck, why the actual fuck.
Why is he doing this?

   He remembers last night, too. But Yuuichiro should have left when he fell asleep. He don't have to stay on his bed until the sun rises.

   Well, the sun rised hours ago. And Yuuichiro just don't bother waking up while the blonde, well, he's trapped. He's trapped in Yuuichiro's arms, and he couldn't get out. Don't get him wrong, he can. But Mikaela certainly don't want to break Yuuichiro's arm, so he stays still and decided to wait until the raven wake up instead.

   He feels the raven's hold around his body tightens, and he hears a soft huff coming from him.

   "Yuuchan? Are you awake?" The blonde asks, receiving a hum as a response.

   "Then get up, damn it." Mikaela hisses. He pushes Yuuichiro off him and get up, making the raven look at him dumbfounded-ly.

   "What's with the bad mood, Mika?" Yuuichiro asks him. The blonde shakes his head, mumbling a "nothing" while grabbing his towel and school uniform.

  "Don't you want to go to school? We have finals today." Mikaela says, and the raven's eyes widen.

  "The finals is today?!!" Yuuichiro shouts. He thought that it was next week. Well, he might have thought that a week ago.

   "Well, yeah. For chemistry that is. I'm showering first, bye."

   "Wait, Mika-!" The raven tries to protest, but Mikaela already disappears behind the bathroom door. He sighs.

   "Don't take too long!" He shouts. "No promise." The blonde answers from the bathroom, voice sounding a little muffled.

   "Fuck.." the raven mutters. He should have started studying earlier. He silently hopes that he will not fuck up. He grabs his towel and sit on his bed, taking out his Chemistry flash cards.

___________________________________

   The finals was.. fine, Yuuichiro would say. But there is one thing that isn't. He get back from school and head towards his dorm immediately.

   "Mikaaa!!! Finally, the finals ended!" He jumps onto the blonde back, hugging him. But Mikaela push him off, looking distressed.

   "Can you not? It's annoying." Mikaela says, and the raven's smile died down.

   Mikaela's mood has been really bad. At first, the raven thought that it was because Mikaela was stressed with finals. But now that it ended, he's sure that finals was not the case.

   "Mika, what's wrong? Is there something bothering you?" The raven asks, concerned.

   "Oh. Um, you know what, forget it. My mood has been really off lately. Please ignore things that i said." Mikaela says, scratching nape awkwardly.

   Yes, Mikaela isn't lying. But there should be something that triggers him not to be in a good mood. Well, not being in the mood is normal. But Mikaela certainly doesn't need to start ignoring Yuuichiro, does he?

   The blonde is about to leave, turning his body around to face the door but Yuuichiro catch his wrist, stopping his movement.

   "Did i do something wrong, Mika?" The blonde's eyes slightly widen, and the raven notices this. But Mikaela's facial expression relaxed again, making the raven confused.

  "You didn't." Mikaela says, smiling. The raven frowns at this.

  Yuuichiro didn't do anything wrong. He totally didn't, as the raven has the right to reject Mikaela. The blonde promised himself that he'll be fine after some time alone. But his 'sometime alone' is making him look really suspicious to the raven, it seems. But he is not expecting this.

   Mika gasps as his back hits the wall, his hand pinned to his side securely by the raven. He stares at Yuuichiro, dumb founded.

   "Yuuchan, why-"

   "Stop it." The raven mutters.

   "Stop.. what?"

   "Acting like nothing is wrong, Mika! Elephants in the room, you are so fucking tense around me! I hurt you, right? Then confront me about them! Don't leave me in the dark, i want to know how you are feeling. You are important to me." Yuu said, looking into Mikaela's sapphire orbs that shines under the light.

   Mikaela is speechless. He opens his mouth to say something, but nothing comes out. He force himself to close them back.

  "Please. I don't want to hurt you." The raven pleads.

  "You already know about it. I don't have anything to tell you anymore." The blonde says.

   "No i don't. I don't understand, so tell me!" Yuuichiro argues, his hold on Mikaela's wrist tightens.

   "I like you, Yuuichiro." The words feels feather light when it rolls down Mikaela's tongue. "Maybe even love you." The blonde mutters. "Didn't the kiss do anything at all? Just how dense can you be?"

   "Mika, i-"

   The blonde pries his wrist off the raven's grip, and smiles at him. "It's alright." Mikaela cups Yuuichiro's cheek. "I can ignore my feelings, Yuuchan."

Anything for you.

   But this seems to anger the raven. He slams Mikaela against the wall again, surprising the blonde for the second time.

   "No you wouldn't." Yuuichiro growls at him. Patience has left the room, and Mikaela glares at the raven.

   "So what do you want, Yuuichiro? What the fuck are you asking me to do? Do you know that it hurts, it hurts so much when i remember that you rejects me, saying you can't see me more than a brother, a bestfriend. Okay, that's fine. It's your choice after all, who am i to change your feelings and opinion." Mikaela says.

   "But then you acted like you love me. You kissed my forehead, you hugged me, you comforted me, you protected me. Heck, you even asked if i wanted a kiss. I'm glad that i'm being a brat at the time and refused. So if you really don't like me like that, stop doing all those things. Stop hurting my feelings." Mikaela finishes in one breath, his last sentence sounds like a whimper to Yuuichiro's ears and his emerald eyes soften.

   He stares into Mikaela's sapphire eyes, getting lost in it for a short while. And he leans in, connecting their lips together. But the blonde immediately shoves him away.

   "And what do you think you are doing now?!" Mikaela shouts, enraged. He storms out of the room, leaving Yuuichiro alone.

   The blonde reach for his phone, dialing Krul's number and listening to the beeping. She picks up.

   "Hello, Mikaela? How's-" He cuts her off mid sentence.

   "You can set me up with someone, i'm sure my soulmate wouldn't mind." Mikaela says. He could hear that Krul is about to say something, but he cuts her off again, hitting the end call button before she could say anything else.

   He starts running, his vision blurry as tears gather inside his eyes. But then he bumps into someone, knocking them both off their feet. The clanking of cans hitting the ground can be heard, and Mikaela quickly gets up, apologizing to the person he bumps into and collecting cans of beer that falls on the floor.

  "Mikaela san?" He looks up, gaze meeting with a lilac haired girl.

  "Hiragi?" The blonde questions, his face shows confusion despite the tears rolling down his cheeks.