January 3rd, 2020

"Shit!" River winced as she poured hydrogen peroxide over her bloody knuckles. She grabbed the bandages of the counter and began attempting to wrap one of her injured hands. The door suddenly opened, revealing Nessa.
"There you are." Nessa exhaled a breath of relief as she closed the door behind her. River gave her a small smile, continuing to wrap her hand. There was a long period of silence before one of them spoke up.

"Are you okay? He didn't hurt you, right?" River questioned, reaching for the second roll of bandages.
"I- I'm okay." The stutter in Nessa's voice, caused River to look up, immediately noticing the tears welling into the girl's waterline as she covered the right side of her neck with her hand. River placed the partially unraveled bandages back on the counter before standing up and making her way towards Nessa. Nessa's hand fell from her neck, revealing the dark bruises lining the right side. River wrapped her arms around Nessa, placing her chin on top of her head. They stood in that position for a few minutes before Nessa partially pulled away.

"I didn't not mean anything from it." She stated randomly. River tilted her head in confusion.
"What?"
"I didn't not mean anything from the kiss." Nessa restated, looking up into River's eyes.
"I like you a lot, and I think you do too. Otherwise you wouldn't care so much. We've only met a month ago and you've already done so much to impact my life, and I think it's because you like me. All I'm saying is, I like you too." Nessa  explained, never breaking eye contact.

River gently placed her hands onto the sides of Nessa's face before connecting their lips. They slowly backed into the wall behind Nessa as their lips moved in sync. Eventually they parted, and the sounds of their synchronized breathing was the only sound.
"Good, because I've been wanting to do that since the day I first met you." River smiled, tucking a loose strand of hair behind Nessa's ear. Nessa's face flushed a sheer shade of red causing River to chuckle and step away from the girl.

She lifted herself onto the counter and began unraveling the bandages one again. Nessa wandered over, standing in between her legs. She grabbed the bandages from River's hands and began wrapping her unwrapped hand.
"Thanks." River smiled as Nessa finished.
"No problem."
Once Nessa had finished wrapping River's hand she hopped off the counter and placed her arm around Nessa's shoulders as they made their way out of the bathroom.

"There you guys are, we've been looking for you everywhere." Charli gasped as the pair came into sight. She ran towards River and engulfed her in a hug, causing the blonde to pat the top of the Charli's head. The rest of the group made their way towards them.
"How's your hand?" Chase questioned, gently grabbing her hand, now that Charli had unraveled from the girl.
"Fine." Chase raised his brows in an unamused manner.
"Really, I'm fine." Nessa smiled over at River as she watched Chase inspect the blonde's hand.

Eventually the group left the, now evacuated, house. Deciding to leave the night behind them.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:
Sorry I haven't uploaded in a while. My brain has been hyper-focusing on avengers plots lol. But I'm back on track putting out more chapters. Also I can't decide if I want to just make them girlfriend and girlfriend or over complicate things👀 maybe I should just let them be happy for a while. Stay beautiful and stay safe -Ary🤍