Comfort (13+) - 2023

Start from the beginning

Gopal comforted him, that's nice. He should probably say something back, but Gopal wouldn't need that to know what he's feeling. At least he remembered Gopal is smart. Others don't seem to use or acknowledge that talent of his a lot, though. The team mostly relies on Yaya and Ying as the strategist, sometimes Fang if they're looking for space information other than TAPOPS.

The only thing he remembers that he was the one coming up with a plan this time, and others just agreed and head straight into it. He's so bad at this, why was he chosen as a leader? Even praised by TAPOPS? 

"...are they still out there? The enemy, I mean."

He can hear a robot's long sigh. "I-I don't know... but I know they won't leave until they find you. Your current location is now locked tight and can't be tracked with a radar, so you're probably good in there for a while."

Neither of the trio wants to say anything, shaken by the time-ticking situation. There was a long silence from a boy's heavy breathing, possibly concentrated.

 "...actually, y'know what? You're right. I'm done cowering on the sidelines and be useless. We've messed up! WE'VE ABSOLUTELY MESSED THINGS UP AND WE CAN'T EVEN DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT! LET ALONE FIX IT!"

"No, we did not!"

"WE DID NOT?! YOU WERE SAYING?!  YOU KNOW WHAT ALL OF THIS REMINDS ME OFF?! HOW I WAS ON THE SHIP WHILE OTHERS FIGHT FOR RETAK'KA, FORCES US TO BE SEPARATED! THIS TIME IS A MILLION TIMES WORSE! AND IT HAPPENED AGAIN, I DID IT AGAIN, COWERING! AND NOW HALF OF THE TEAM IS DEAD! BECAUSE OF ME!"

"G-Gopal..."

What? No, this isn't his fault. It couldn't be, he was the one coming up with a strategy and ultimately failed to death! His friend shouldn't be ashamed for himself for that, he should be comforting him, he could hear him having a breakdown. He's the leader! His mouth won't move, he can't possibly--

"Wait, where are we--"

"Buddy, you hang in there and don't leave the room, not that you have any options to break in. Ochobot, we're going right now! WE WON'T TURN BACK! FOR EVERYONE!"

The call ended abruptly right after.

His mind was empty, only trembling at the fact that his only alive friend is going to die in a matter of minutes. He's having a panic attack again, isn't he? Why is he so broken? What did he do to deserve this he did nothing wrong right why are his friends willing to go on a suicide mission to save him their lives are SO much more precious than him like they're smart yeah for sure but he couldn't understand their logic of thinking not that he would find out later anyways cause they all DIED and there's ABSOLUTELY NOTHING he could do other than cope with it and curl up in a room goodness he just wants to go to bed

Exhausted as he is and how he's still on a panic attack, he slowly gets himself up. Legs are still the same as they were an hour ago, but he's fine. He has to, not that his friend is about to face death alone. He lifts his arm to his chest and spin his watch. 

"Don't give up on me now! Kuasa Elemental!"

"BOBOIBOY GEMPA!! SMASH THAT THING WIDE OPEN!!"

"BOBOIBOY TAUFAN!! BLOW IT AWAY!!"

-

The ruin was inevitable. What was he expecting? Maybe he was too optimistic for this world. Maybe he was in denial again. Maybe he was blinded by the truth that's happening right in front of him. He's not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but it doesn't take a second to understand what's going on.