chapter three.

as morning rolled around, rudolph opened his coffin lid to be greeted with slight tinges of black being noticeable in the dirt and gravel walls. what the hell?

shaking his head, he decided not to fully question it by going to his family. he couldn't have met his soulmate right? he only talked to that mortal..

was that tony character his soulmate? oh god.

“ get ahold of yourself. there's no way that mortal is your soulmate. ”  chuckling faintly towards himself, he brushed that off and went to go explore around. he didn't want to go out yet.

tony on the other hand had just woken up. stretching out his limbs he went down to go join his parents and the old folk for breakfast. exhaustion fell over him as he sniffled a little bit. grumbling, he noticed he could see the faint blue hues around him. weird.

as the day progressed, he wanted to check out the grave yard. old thing and or locations like that really caught the blond boys eyes. he slipped his shoes on once getting them and was off.

phone shoved into his pocket, he climbed over small branches that were on the grassy land beneath his shoes. looking at all the tombstones, he wondered how life must've been for the ones from past lives. smiling some, he took a seat on a bench that was near by.

head tilting back, he looked up at the rather lovely sky. finally able to see the blue shade, even if it wasn't the full color was nice enough for him. he hated only seeing grey or red. although, if he can somehow manage to kiss this silly vampire, that'd really settle down if they were soulmates.

“ a vampire soulmate. someone I'm fully tied to. right? ” curious, he decided to look up the definition.

so he was right

so he was right. it was someone ideally suited for the other.

suddenly he could feel his chest tighten up, his cheeks go red and butterflies. never feeling this in his life, the teenager couldn't help but squeak.

grumbling lightly, the pale skinned boy got to his feet as he started to walk around the forest. trying to clear his thoughts, he could only think of that vampire.

fuck.

exhaling, he found a spot by a river to let himself calm down. undoing his shoe laces, the male then took off his socks. slipping his feet into the water, it was rather nice feeling. humming lightly towards himself, he let the sand get in between his toes. it sounded odd, but the feeling was rather nice and calming.

after what felt like hours but was only a few moments, he spilled out of the water and got up. heading back towards the castle, he noticed it was slowly getting dark out. yawning a bit, he was excited to hopefully see — rudolph again!

eagerly getting into the home, he placed his shoes off towards the side and socks in a hamper near by. taking a quick shower, he got ready for the night. pulling out his phone once on his bed, he mindlessly got stuck in some sort of dimension and before he knew it, the vampire was there. although, he decided to mess with the mortal.

getting onto the bed, he poked tony a few times and each time the blond looked up, he would disappear. finally getting annoyed by it, tony spoke up. “ I know you're here rudy, quit it.  ”

“ but that's no fuuun.  ”  whined the grey skin.

letting out a light chuckle, the human closed out of whatever app he had opened and turned off the device. his full attention rained on the vampire across from him.

as the two with complimentary eyes looked at one another, they could see the brightness in color with them. it made tony curious if this vampire was his soulmate and it made the vampire feel emotions he's never experienced before, even when he was alive. weird.

nibbling on the skin of his lower lip, the alive one played with his fingers as his gaze trailed downwards. “ do — do you think we're soulmates, rudy? ”

now, hearing the question aloud made him think. really, he didn't know. scratching at the back of his neck, he squinted his eyes a bit before sighing lightly. “ mm, not sure. ”  was his only response.

as they thought about it, it'd make sense if they were. since tony has been getting all embarrassed during the day over just the thought of the grey skin alone makes him red. while for the undead, he just felt alive in a way. as his dark blood colored hues watched the movement of the other he chuckled faintly.

slowly, he moved a little closer towards him. not enough to through the boy off guard, but enough to confuse him. not really thinking about his actions, the male let a small hum fall.

“ say, tony was it? have you been seeing more than just the color of your designed soulmates eyes? ”  he asked. that caught the blonds attention finally.

“  mm. yeah, I've been seeing blue all day. not bright shades of it, but enough to make out the color. along with some other shades. what about you? ”

just as he thought. they were soulmates. this was entirely new information for the vampire to hold in his grasp. licking his upper teeth subconsciously, he nods towards the others words. “ me too. I saw shades of grey and black today. ”  he simply spoke before moving a bit closer. not like the other could tell, because he can't.

“ do you, wish to see if we are soulmates? ” the ravenette asked as he fiddled with his glove a little. that gained a nod from the other nearly instantly.

neither of them have kissed anyone before aside from cheek kisses to their parents. rudolph was the one to get closer but tony was the one to make the first move.

it felt like electricity was going through them. this feeling was so — eccentric. those butterfly feelings rumbled in the livings stomach as he wrapped his arms around the others waist. they remained that way for a while until tony pulled away for air. eyes remaining closed, they slowly fluttered open.

once they did, he was met with a world full of color. smiling widely, he tackled the other into a hug. this goofy giggle left him while doing so.

“ we are soulmates.. ”