Natsu!

Walking barefoot through the forest is absolutely not exciting whatsoever. Especially not when you step into ant hills and cut open your foot. Maybe I should have kept the sandals. Maybe that would have been a better idea. But, what is one to do?

"Gray?" Natsu is staring at my foot, and I've begun to be numb to it so I actually forgot that I had a hole in it. "Do you want something to cover your foot?"

"No, Natsu, I'm okay." I tell him, and he just blushes. I don't understand this kid, he's so dumb sometimes. Why is he blushing at me? 

I hate the woods, that's all. There is no sun, so when I have no shirt on, I can't feel any heat on my back. I love heat, it makes me feel... better. Not so cold. I use ice, snow, cold, so the heat in general makes me feel so much better than when I'm just sitting around. The sun on my skin is like magic.

Like. . . Natsu's magic.

No, not like that. What's wrong with me?

"Gray, that looks really bad, and we are getting close to the job-" I wave my hand.

"Listen, Natsu, I don't need your help." I bite at him, and it sounded so much more harsh than I intended. But, it was true. I don't need his help.

The pink-haired boy looked at me with sadness in his eyes and I immediately regretted what I had told him. "If you don't need my help, then why did you come with me?"

I didn't respond, I didn't want to hurt him any more than he already was.

But maybe my silence did more than what I had thought, because when we came to the job site, Natsu almost abandoned me.

Now, they may seem like a joke, but the Jiggle-Jug Gang is much scarier than anyone could think. They like to take food and sometimes other small and expensive trinkets from people. But some of them are large and some of them use magic.

One of them is attacking me. And that's no fun for someone like myself. Especially when Natsu decides to sit his happy ass down on a log and watch me struggle to help the poor farm that was being repeatedly robbed.

As I'm literally fighting for the sake of a small farm who barely has enough to feed their own let alone pay us, Natsu is picking at the bark on his log, then burning it. No big deal, really?

Not until the asshole guy decides to pin me down to where I can't move my arms, all wile his buddies continue to take things at their own will.

"Natsu!" I storm, and the cotton-candy boy stares at me as if nothing is even happening. "Nastu! Seriously? Get this guy off of me!" 

Of course, he takes this moment to say something wrong, and absolutely irrelevant to the situation. "Hum? I thought you liked guys on top of you, Gray! You look like you're having fun!" 

I flash a glance that could freeze him solid-- If I wasn't pinned to the ground with a barbarian on top of me. Not to mention, this guy smells like pure trashcan.

I screamed at the top of my lungs, and tried to throw the lug off of me. Only to met by a laughing Natsu and the man tightening his grip around my sides. It was beginning to get harder to breathe, his legs gripping around both my arms and my ribcage, squeezing and squeezing. And one I began to wheeze, I think Natsu got the idea.

"Alright, alright!" He squealed, standing with a fireball in hand. "Get off of him, or I swear--"

The barbarian squeezed once more and I was being crushed completely. Natsu grabbed him by his head and flipped him off of me. Sadly, I was unable to catch my breath in time. Everything was dimming, darker and darker until I heard the gang screaming like pigs and running. Their boots were thunder under my head.

A shape, with giant tufts of hair stood over me, and a whispered "I'm sorry" is what I drifted off into blackness to.

---

A/N

I'm sorry for not updating lately, but everything has been a mess. I'm going to try to update more often! Promise!

Remember: sub, fav, and comment!