|| Chapter Twenty-Five: Former Best Friend ||

Start from the beginning

"Well, is Toko Fukawa Genocide Jack? The answer is yes and no." Byakuya crossed his arms.

I paused for a moment, thinking of a response. Suddenly, it clicked. "Byakuya, are you suggesting that Toko has dissociative identity disorder?"

The topic of Toko possibly having dissociative identity disorder was discussed amongst the trial room, Toko not saying a word during the entire conversation. When Byakuya had come forward to say that Toko had told him this herself, she had finally spoke up.

"Y-You said you wouldn't te-tell anyone...y-you promised! I-I can't believe you lied to m-me!" Toko screamed as she pulled at her long hair.

"You only have yourself to blame! You came to me with your tragic story, but did I ask you to? No, I did not," Byakuya snapped. "This is the real world. You chose to trust the wrong person."

The two bickered back and forth for a bit when suddenly Toko blacked out. She collapsed onto the podium in front of her. A few moments after, she sprung back up laughing.

Her entire attitude was different, in fact, this wasn't Toko before us anymore.

This was Genocide Jack.

"Hey there, bitches! Were you hoping to see me?!" Genocide Jack's voice boomed within the room. Everyone stared at her in shock as she continued to laugh. "Kyhehehe!~ So you figured it out, huh? Soooo? Watcha gonna do about it? It is I, the Ultimate Murderous Fiend, Genocide Jack! Better yet, let's go with Genocide Jill!"

"T-Toko?!" Hina shrieked.

"Nope, not Toko! She's a total loser, I'm Genocide Jill! What happened here is split personality!"

The reveal of Genocide Jill shocked the entire class. Hifumi had enough guts to ask her if she was the mastermind of this entire game, but she denied that accusation. Monokuma seemed insulted that any of us suspected that Genocide Jill was linked to him and the other mastermind in anyway.

"You see? This murderous fiend is the culprit behind Chihiro's murder. Genocide Jill is the culprit," Byakuya accused.

"Huh? Actually, nope! Sorry to burst your bubble, but I ain't the culprit!" Genocide Jill giggled.

"Do you expect us to believe you?!"

"Eh, not really! But I'm tellin' the truth, I swear!"

Wait a moment...maybe I was right to question Byakuya's accusation. Was Genocide Jill really behind this murder?

Thinking back to Genocide Jill's passed murder cases, not all of the information matched up. The other victims were killed by multiple stab wounds and hung to the wall using those same scissors. Chihiro was struck by a blunt object then suspended by cables. I mentioned this to the rest of the class, earning a disgusted gasp from Genocide Jill.

"I murder with passion and conviction! I like to consider my self a professional with a particular way of doing things! Chihiro's murder was no creation of mine! Also, notice how Chihiro is a girl! I don't murder girls, only adorable little men! Kyhehe, I said it! I'm so embarrassed!~" Genocide Jill giggled and blushed.

Byakuya tried to argue against Genocide Jill's innocence, but he was shot down multiple times by different sources of evidence. We had a lot more to discuss to solve the case of Chihiro's murder. With Genocide Jill crossed off the list of suspects, we had much more to discover during this trial.

After hours of the class trial, we had finally uncovered the truth behind everything. Chihiro's true identity as a male, the truth behind the murder, everything.

"Mondo Owada...you are the culprit," I state as I stared into Mondo's wide eyes.

Mondo opened his mouth to speak, but was stopped by Taka screaming first.