|| Chapter Twenty-Five: Former Best Friend ||

----

Guide:

(Y/n)=(Your/name)

{Word Count: 1,906}

----

(Y/n)'s P.O.V.

"Where is Toko Fukawa?!" Monokuma flailed his arms around in a fit of anger. We were all standing in the elevator to head to the trial room only for Toko to be absent. Toko's absence prevented the trial from starting; this pissed off Monokuma, that's for sure.

"I'll be right back! I'll drag that nutjob here myself!" Monokuma announced as he stomped out of the elevator. Soon enough, Monokuma came back dragging Toko behind him. The poor girl was crying and thrashing her legs around, but Monokuma ignored her behavior and tossed her into the elevator.

"I-I to-told you I didn't want to c-come to the class trial, but you f-forced me to! You-You're terrible!!" Toko hissed.

"Whatever. Anyways, everyone is here now? Let's get started!" Monokuma cheered.

"D-Don't ignore me!!"

Toko was ignored by Monokuma once again. Monokuma pressed a button on the elevator, bringing us down to the trial room.

This was the trial to find the culprit behind Chihiro's murder. Was it really Genocide Jack behind this case? Either way, a murderer stood somewhere amongst us.

The elevator had come to a halt and its doors had opened, revealing the trial grounds. Monokuma was the first to leave the elevator. He practically ran to his seat, plopping down onto the soft leather of the throne. He smirked and waved, motioning us to take our spots amongst the podiums.

Hesitantly, I walked out of the elevator and took my spot at my podium. Monokuma stared down at me, the smirk on his stupid face wider than ever. I kept my gaze towards the ground; I refused to look at him.

Soon enough, everyone took their spots in the trial room. Monokuma cleared his throat. "Alright, I'm sure you all remember how a class trial works! Let's get started. Let the class trial begin!"

The first debate then began. Like in the first trial, we did a basic overview of what we already knew about the case. As suggested by Monokuma, we decided to talk about what was used to kill Chihiro in the first place. As stated in the Monokuma file, they were killed with a blunt object. I presented the evidence of how the dumbbell found on the ground was the most likely murder weapon in this case.

After that mystery was solved, Byakuya suggested that we immediately move onto the culprit. Although I thought it may have been a little too soon to properly suspect anyone, Byakuya insisted. He proposed the idea that Genocide Jack was behind Chihiro's murder. Although I agreed that there were many things leading to the idea that Genocide Jack was the culprit, I wasn't completely sure.

"Byakuya, are you completely sure that Genocide Jack is the culprit of this murder case?" I questioned.

"I agree with (Y/n), doesn't it seem a bit absurd for a serial killer to be amongst one of our classmates?" Celeste narrowed her eyes.

"it is not absurd. In fact, it's Toko," Byakuya announced.

Everyone froze as they glanced at Toko. Toko bit her fingernail as tears began to fall from her eyes. "W-What?"

"You heard me. Genocide Jack's true identity is Toko Fukawa."

"W-Wait! Isn't this a bit weird? Like, Toko is scared of blood! What kind of serial killer faints at the sight of blood?!" Hina interrupted.