Chapter 33

33Homosexuality—a SinThe group burst out laughing."Although it's sad, that's the best story yet," Janelle said, clapping."Talk about a close encounter," one of the other maids said."You can say that again. Hot pink shirt, rainbow colored tie, white shoes with pink tips. Get out of here with that mess. I'm a man's man," Rashad said.Bianca joined the others in laughter as Rashad flexed both his biceps. "How do you personally feel about this encounter?" she asked."Dr. Bianca, to this day it still plays over and over in my mind," Rashad said. "It happened three months ago and I can't shake it out of my mind. Is there something I can do to get it out of my mind?""Possibly," Bianca said. "Do you have time to stop by my husband's office some time this evening and talk with him. We work together.""I'll make time," Rashad said. "By the way, I once heard a preacher say he does not trust a man over thirty years old who is not married or who does not have a steady girlfriend as he'll begin to think that man is a homo. Like I said, I'm looking for a wife because I don't want any man thinking I'm attracted to the same-sex."Promptly at four-thirty, Rashad was sitting in Franklin's office rehashing his story."Why would a man want to become a homosexual when there are so many beautiful women out there? What is he gaining from it?" Rashad asked. "By the way, I am looking for a wife."Franklin chuckled. "The only answer I can give you is what the Bible says." Taking his Bible out of his drawer and opening it up to the book of Romans, he continued talking. "It says here in Romans chapter one, and I'll just mention the main verses, it is an act of rebellion against God. Nature alone tells us it is not right.""The pleasure two homosexuals get cannot even come close to the pleasure a man and woman can experience together, if you know what I mean," Rashad said.Franklin chuckled. "The Bible does say sin is pleasurable too, that is, to the unredeemed mind," he said. "In verse twenty-one it says, 'When they knew not God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations.' "Verse twenty-four says, 'Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lust of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves.'"It goes on to say in verses twenty-six through twenty-eight: 'For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women [lesbians] did change the natural use into that which is against nature:'And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompense of their error [AIDS and other diseases] which was meet.'And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient.'"Jumping down to verse thirty-two, it says, 'Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.'""So homosexuals know that what they are doing is wrong, and that they are not born that way?" Rashad said."Yes, mostly. The Bible says God's laws are written upon our hearts. That is why, generally speaking, we know right from wrong," Franklin said. "When Satan tempted Eve, he told Eve your eyes shall be opened, and you shall become as gods knowing good and evil. So we know right from wrong.""You're right. Now, why would a man want to risk getting AIDS and other incurable diseases? I think you ought to love yourself enough to at least protect yourself," Rashad said."The overriding answer is rebellion against God. Verses twenty-nine through thirty-one list some things they and others end up doing because of their sinful lifestyle. Wickedness. Envy. Debating.""Oh, yes. Can't nobody debate and march and argue their cause like a gay person can," Rashad said with a chuckle.Franklin continued. "Malignity.""Oh, yes. I have heard some of them can be the most vindictive and spiteful people on earth," Rashad said. "I go to church every now and then, and I've heard my pastor preach on Sodom and Gomorrah. He said the homosexuals there were getting ready to break down the brother's door to get to those angels who they thought were men. Now, I'm mad at Lot for offering up his virgin daughters to the homosexuals, but that's another story. Even at that, they did not want his daughters. They wanted those men. That is equally sickening. But God handled them and rained down fire and brimstone."Franklin agreed. "But you know, homosexuality is a sin like any other sin, and only the blood of Jesus can cleanse and deliver them," he said. "I'll tell this to anyone: before we condemn homosexuals or anybody else for that matter, let's get rid of the sin in our lives first.""You're right. I can't argue with that," Rashad said. "Now, how do I keep that unfortunate incident out of my mind?""Well, it will help to memorize and meditate on the Word of God, especially when that negative thought comes to your mind. By placing every negative thought under the blood of Jesus. It says in First Corinthians, 'Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ.' But before you can successfully do that, you have to have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.""Dr. Frank, I'll do whatever it takes to help get this disgusting incident out of my mind," Rashad said."So you're ready to ask Jesus into your life?""You bet I am.""The Bible says 'Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved.' Believe that you are a sinner and there is nothing you can do about your sins. Believe that Jesus Christ, the only person who can take away your sins, died on the cross for your sins. Then pray and ask Him to forgive you of your sins and to be your Saviour. Do you believe?""Yes, I do. I honestly do," Rashad said."Let's pray then. Repeat this prayer after me," Franklin said. "Dear God, I know that I am a sinner. I believe You sent Jesus Christ to die on the cross for my sins and to deliver me from my sins. I now accept Him as my Saviour. I place under Jesus' blood this incident that has been plaguing my mind ever since it happened. Give me the victory over that thought. Please save Tommi wherever he is right now, and I thank You for saving me. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.""Praise the Lord," Franklin said after they finished praying. "Do you have a Bible?""Yes, but I only read it on Sunday mornings when I go to church," Rashad said."Now that you are saved, God wants you to go to church regularly, and He wants you to read His Word every day. Begin reading at the book of John. Commit to memory verses that stand out to you. Whenever that thought or any other negative thought comes to your mind, recite those verses out loud or read your Bible, and pray and ask God to cast out that demonic thought. I'll give you some verses to help you get started. When the thought comes, stop and say a short prayer to God: Lord, the devil is trying to place that thought on my mind again, but I renounce it; I place it under the Blood of Jesus Christ. Cast out all the evil thoughts from my mind even now. In Jesus' name I pray.""Thank you so much, Dr. Frank. I feel like a new man," Rashad said. "Say, Dr. Frank, do you know of any single young woman you could send my way? I'm ready to get married and not give a homosexual a chance at me. I'm serious."Both men laughed."Why don't you pray about that? God cares about every aspect of your life," Franklin said. "I have your phone number and email address. If I run across any available women who are ready to become a wife, I'll let you know."