Chapter 7

Acceptance and actually being ok with something, are two different things. Or atleast in this situation for George.

Yes, he's accepted the fact that he likes his bestfriend, but that doesn't mean he wants to like his bestfriend.

Dream has always been there for him. Like when he was in uni and his roommate would be out for the night, and the blond would accompany him in a VC because he would get paranoid.

Or when he'd need someone to talk to, even if emotions were hard for him, Dream would sit and listen to whatever he could get out, and would also help him take his mind off of certain things.

He has so many memories of Dream being there for him, even in the littlest of ways.

He genuinely hopes he's the same for Dream, as the American is for him.

So yes, he can see why after all this time he's developed a crush on the other, but that doesn't mean he's ok with it.

Is this the sort of crush that he'll be able to get over by the end of the month, and move on from it? Is this just him struggling between romantic and platonic love? Or is this the sort of thing that will slowly eat him alive because he truly wants to be with Dream?

The last question kind of scares him, but out of the three, he feels more inclined to say that's the one.

What if he just tells Dream to get it out of his system? Let it all out and not worry about it anymore. And while he'd love for that to be a reliable option, there's a lot of 'what if's'? that go along with it.

His back hits his desk chair, and George looks up at his ceiling with furrowed eye brows, as more and more worried thoughts flood his mind.

The second week has rolled around, and Sapnap has been updating him on his stay with Dream frequently.

Usually it's just stupid pictures with Dream's face covered or just not in the photo at all, or, and his personal favorite, it's more pictures of Patches.

His keyboard may or may not be arriving a couple days earlier than expected, but he doesn't want to give his hopes up just yet.

He already started packing, mostly just stuff he doesn't use that often but wanted to keep, but he plans on packing more important stuff once the plane ticket is bought.

It was nearing 7 p.m. for him, meaning it was around 2 p.m. for Dream when the blond texted him, asking the brunet to join a VC with him and Sapnap.

He quickly navigated his way to discord and saw which VC the two were in, and joined it right away.

"Gogy!" Sapnap greeted excitedly, clearly smiling. A small meow was heard from the raven-haired males end, indicating Patches was residing in his room currently.

"George!" Dream exclaimed, his tone just as excited as the Texans.

"Hey guys, what's up?" George asked, leaning forward and grabbing his earbuds, plugging them in and putting them in his ears.

"Nothing much, we just haven't gotten to talk too much since we've been moving Sap in. We just wanted to talk to our gogs" Dream said, his voice sounded sort of sorry at the beginning, but turned to caring and warm as he called George by 'gogs'.

The stupid nickname made him scoff, but the affection in his tone made the brit blush softly.

"Well, you're talking to gogs, so continue" he ended up saying, waiting for the other two to talk first, since he wasn't sure what else to say.

"We wanted to make sure you were doing alright, like, with your wrist and all" Sapnap spoke this time.

George looked down to his wrist, flexing his arm and moving it around a little. He obviously couldn't move his wrist, but the rest of his arm and fingers felt just fine.

"I mean, it's ok. It's weird getting used to everyday stuff, but by now it's sort of whatever" he explained, leaning back in his seat.

"That's good, how's packing and planning going?" Dream queried.

"It's going, I've packed a couple boxes already, but I'll probably ship those in a couple weeks. You guys need to tell me what you already have, so I don't bring a 20 pots when you already have them all."

So that's what they did for about an hour, both Americans going through kitchenware and things like that, while the brit placed things in boxes to either bring or donate.

By the time they had gotten off the call, George had a sizable box to a donate, and a smaller one for keeping. He was going to text his mom and ask if she could take him to a drop off place for his items, but he didn't want to be too much of a burden for her.

He ended up just getting an Uber a couple minutes later, and the kind driver helped him bring the box up and drop him off home. The driver got a very nice tip for that one.

Once home, he orded from a nearby restaurant he liked for delivery, his food arriving quickly and the perfect temperature.

His night was going wonderfully as he ate, joining a VC that Karl and Sapnap were already in. All of the other feral boys had been streaming pretty often, filling George's absence. All of their viewers already knew of his injury and broken keyboard by now, so they understand why he wasn't as active as usual.

But, he did his best to participate when he could, joining streams and helping with recordings. Like he had done in an older video when he was sick, he sat in the call as a commentator while Sapnap and Dream played, so he would do that here and there.

He stayed up a little longer with the boys on call once the stream ended, Dream eventually joining and hanging out as well.

The whole day had been a nice break while still being productive, and when George finally fell asleep he felt content.

And no, not because Dream had practically begged him to sleep call, saying "I always sleep better when we're in a call" and George could practically see the cute pout on his friends face.

~~~
word count: 1066