Chapter 8 (Last)

Armaan's POV

It had been a few months since Shilpa and I had been dating and all I could think was about getting married to this beautiful woman in my life. I finished my rounds and entered the locker room to find my girl sitting there reading through a case file. I looked over her shoulder into the file she was reading, she looked up to see me.

"Hello Dr. Mallik!", she greeted.

"Hello Dr. Malhotra. Kya padh rahi hain aap?", I asked, smiling at her and pecked on her cheek.

"I was supposed to be coming to your cabin to discuss this but since you were on rounds, I didn't want to disturb you.", she smiled.

"Achha? Lemme see?", I took the file from her and sat down next to her. I wanted to be closer to her so I wound my arm around her waist and made her sit on my lap and continued reading. Shilpa didn't seem to mind it either.

Later that evening, Atul, Shilpa, and I went to the café in Mall Road before heading home for dinner. I sat there, nervous as hell.

"Tujhe kya ho gaya bhai?", Atul asked.

I shook my head as I saw Shilpa talking on the phone to Maasi at the orphanage.

Atul smiled and wiggled his eyebrows at me.

"Kya problem hai tujhe Champ?", I almost hissed.

"Propose karne waala hai na usse?", he asked.

"Karna chahta hoon but I'm not sure if she'll agree.", I replied, really skeptical of proposing to Shilpa.

"You'll never know until you try.", he said.

"Try what?", I heard Shilpa asked as she reached the table.

"Umm, kuch nahi babe. Tum baitho na. Khana order karte hain.", I replied.

Shilpa eyed me quizzically and sat down. She looked at me and I knew she was thinking about something. Something serious. Probably Maasi said something to her. I don't know but I wanted to find out.

"Tumne Maasi se kya baat ki? Wo theek hain?", I asked.

"Haan, she's fine. Mujhe tumse kuch poochhna tha.", she said.

"Mujhe bhi!", I said.

"Bolo?", she asked.

"Nahi, pehle tum.", I said.

"Arey, tum dono kya ab, pehle tum, pehle tum pe mat atak jao.", Champ said rolling his eyes.

We both looked at him and then looked back at each other.

"Kya tum mujhse shaadi karoge?", she asked.

Did she ask me to marry her? Did I hear that correctly? Shilpa Malhotra? The girl I was planning to propose marriage to, asked me to marry her?

DAMN! I was one lucky guy.

Shilpa's POV

I walked home tired after the shift. The breeze was cold and it was pretty dark. I had dinner alone in the cafeteria as Armaan was not on shift with me. I was still coming to terms with being married to Armaan and just the mere thought about that seemed to excite me. I still remember the day I proposed to him and he looked at me as though he'd seen a ghost and then came a wide grin and a twinkle in his eyes. I never knew he was going to propose to me that evening and had a ring in his pocket. It was just a coincidence that this happened, the way it happened.

We'd been married for 2 months now and it has been blissful. I unlocked the house and made my way to the kitchen to drink some water. It had been a long day and I had forgotten to drink any water at all.

I felt a strong pair of arms wrap around my waist. I smiled knowing that it was my husband. HUSBAND! Still can't believe it. My head fell back on his hard chest as I sipped the water from the glass.

"Tired?", he asked.

"Very!", I replied, closing my eyes.

He gently kissed my hair and broke apart. He slowly pressed my nape and shoulders. I hummed in appreciation as I felt the knots in my shoulder ease out.

"Tumne khaana khaya?", I asked.

"Haan. I made dal chawal. Tumne khaya na?", he asked, worried, turning me around to face him. He probably thought I waited to have dinner with him.

"Haan Armaan, kha liya.", I smiled.

"Good.", he smiled wide.

"Armaan!", I whispered.

"Haan Shilpa?", he questioned.

"Umm..", I trailed off, not knowing how to say it to him. I wanted him.

"Kya hua Baby?", he asked and I lowered my eyes. He put his index finger under my chin and made me look at him.

I just shook my head still not sure what to say. He looked into my eyes and smiled. I could see the desire in his eyes as well.

He bridged the gap immediately taking my lips for a devouring kiss. My fingers held onto his shirt as he plunged his tongue into my mouth. I moaned lowly. Armaan gently lifted me up making me sit on the kitchen counter, and we never broke their kiss.

Armaan's POV

Once we stopped and pulled away, staring into the other's eyes. She looked down and began to unbutton my shirt. I helped her get rid of it and then quickly lifted hers over her head and started kissing her again. All I wanted was her. My wife. And she was here, with me.

She stood in front of me in a seamless bra and a pair of black trousers. My hands gently caressed the soft skin of her waist as her hands explored my abs. I could feel her want and desire in the way she was kissing me. She wrapped her legs around my torso and I held her by her butt and made my way to the bedroom, stopping against a few walls along the way to kiss her more. We tumbled onto the bed, and I stopped kissing her so that I could unbutton my jeans and pull them off. She did the same to hers, and I proceeded to undo her bra. I tossed it aside and pulled her panties away too. Suddenly, she flipped me over and took me by surprise when she yanked my boxers off and threw them to the side.

I knew for a fact that we were both starved of physical intimacy. Being a doctor had its drawbacks as we hardly got quality time to spend with each other. When she's on duty, I'm not and vice versa and, if ever we are free during the same hours, we are too tired to do anything but sleep.

DAMN! My woman. I wanted to be inside her that very moment. She climbed back on top of me and kissed me and I could feel her wetness on me. I was so hard that I could just slide myself right then.

She continued to drop kisses on my neck and nipped my skin making me groan. I flipped her over, taking charge, kissing every inch of her soft curves. I finally sat between her legs spreading them a little more.

"Ready?", I asked.

"More than ever!", she replied.

I slipped into her soft and wet core in one smooth push. I waited for her to adjust and moved myself, picking up pace slowly.

"Armaaan!", she moaned.

We continued to make love till dawn and nothing made me happier than to have the woman I love in my arms.

Armaan and Shilpa, always and forever.

-x-