Chapter 2

Shilpa's POV

"Chalo pohonch gaye. Main bags nikaalta hoon." he said as we reached the orphanage and the car came to a screeching halt.

I waited for him to get out of the car and couldn't help but gulp and wonder what I would tell him if he came to know my past. I got out of the car and looked around. I could see the vast lawn where I would run around and play, with Maasi running behind me. I stood almost frozen when I felt a tap on my shoulder.

"Kahan kho gayi? Chalein?" Armaan asked.

I nodded.

"Ye office kahan hai?" he looked around wondering.

"Wahan hai." I pointed towards the direction then froze.

Shit, why did I have to open my mouth? Armaan will question me and I won't have anything to answer. I looked around to see something that would save me.

"Tumhe kaise pata?" he asked.

I gulped and suddenly noticed a small board pointing in the direction of the office.

"Wo board!" I pointed.

"Oh yeah, how silly of me." he chuckled.

He looked so good, smiling. I wonder what was running in his mind.

"Chalo!" he said and walked two steps and turned to look at me.

"Panchgani mein tumne kaafi saal spend kiye hai na?" he asked.

"Haan. Puraani yaadein taaza ho gayi." I replied, not knowing what else to say.

"Meri bhi purani yaadein taaza ho gayi." he said, lost somewhere.

Armaan's POV

"Purani yaadein taaza hoti hain to emotions control nahi kar pate." I said looking around.

Maine aakhri baar yahin Riddhima ki aankhon mein apne liye pyaar dekha tha. Ab mujhe mera past bhulakar aage badhna hai. Ek nayi shuruwat karni hai.

"Welcome Dr. Armaan, Dr. Shilpa." I heard a lady which brought me out of my reverie.

I smiled and looked over to Shilpa who smiled as well but there was something troubling her.

"Chaliye, main aap dono ko apne rooms dikha deti hoon." the lady said and walked ahead and we followed her.

I had a quick wash and wore my black vest with my jeans and walked out to look around the orphanage. I saw Shilpa tiptoeing and walking so I decided to follow her and see what she was up to. I know it was wrong of me but I could notice that she was slightly troubled in her thoughts when we reached here.

I reached the window and saw an old lady cutting vegetables. She smiled and covered the lady's eyes.

"Arey, kaun hai?" the lady asked and put down her knife. She gently raised her hand and caressed Shilpa's hand.

"Shilpa!" she almost squealed. Shilpa removed her hand and let the old lady turn around.

"Maasi!" Shilpa smiled and hugged her close shocking me beyond my belief.

Shilpa's POV

"Meri bachi." Maasi caressed my hair.

I broke away, my eyes filling up.

"Itni badi ho gayi hai tu, magar bilkul nahi badli." she smiled cupping my cheek.

"Par aap badal gayi hain. Buddhi ho gayi hai aap." I chuckled.

"Arey, Buddhi ke saath saath beemar bhi ho gayi hai teri Maasi!" she complained making me smile.

"Aapki beemari main yun theek kar dungi. Doctor jo ban gayi hoon." I said, grinning at her.

I could see pride and love in her eyes. She gently cupped my cheek.

"Shilpa, beta mujhe tujhpar bohot garv hai. Tere saare sapne poore ho gaye. Meri bachi Doctor ban gayi hai." she swallowed her happy tears.

I smiled.

"Mera to jee karta hai ke saari duniya ko chilla chilla kar bataun ke tu Doctor ban gayi hai." she said smiling.

She was my only family. She had raised me when my own parents didn't want me. She supported me like her own daughter.

"Ab bhi saare sapne poore nahi hue maasi." I said.

"Shilpa, jo Shiv ke saath hua, wo ek haadsa tha. Ab tujhe aage badhna chahiye." she said.

"Apne pyaar ko marta dekh, main kaise aage badhoon. Pyaar phir se hona mushkil hai." I said looking down at the kitchen counter.

"Arey baapre, meri Shilpa to bohot badi badi baatein karne lagi hai." I heard Maasi say in a playful voice trying to lighten the mood.

I looked up at her.

"Shilpa, uss baat ko 2 saal ho gaye hain. Tujhe ek nayi shuruvaat karni padegi. Main maanti hoon ke pyaar phir se hona mushkil hai par namumkin nahi." she explained.

I smiled and hugged her close. It had been years since I had someone look out for me.

"Waise mujhe aur bhi bohot saari baatein karni hain aapse." I said breaking away and pushing myself up to sit on the counter.

"Haan haan."

"Par promise me, aap kisiko nahi batengi ke main yahan pali badi hoon." I announced.

Armaan's POV

Shilpa is an orphan? Wo orphanage mein pali badi hai? And what did she mean by Apne pyaar ko marta dekh'? Has she lost love like me?

I had so many questions running in my mind as I walked away to the lawn area where the kids were playing. I smiled seeing the kids play basketball.

"Bhaiya, humare saath kheloge?" one of the boys approached. I smiled and nodded.

"Humein phir didi ko bhi bulana padega." the other boy said.

"Bhaiya, didi ko bulao na, please!" they all requested.

"Shilpa!" I called out but she didn't come out. She probably couldn't hear me.

"SHILPA!!!" I yelled and saw her coming running out of the kitchen panicked.

"Armaan, tum theek to ho?" she asked, her voice laced with worry.

"Haan." I replied apologetically. She probably thought I fell or maybe hurt myself since she has seen me fight.

"Kya hua? Tum kyun bula rahe the phir?" she asked still worried but with a slightly calm voice.

"Wo actually hum khel rahe hain aur doosre team mein players kam hai. Tum aaogi to equal ho jayega." I said.

I saw close her eyes and gulp. I wonder what she was thinking about.

"Didi please." the boys and girls requested.

"Nahi tum log khelo. Mera mann nahi hai." she said with a smile.

"Wo actually, Didi darti hai na. Humare saath khelegi to haar jayegi." I teased.

"Next time. Kal subah match khelte hain. Abhi nahi." she said with a smile.

"Chalo phir, Aaj hum log khelte hain." I said taking the boys and girls away.

Shilpa's POV

I smiled seeing Armaan walk away with the kids and noticed him smile and laugh, dribbling the ball, passing it to one of the kids. I froze when I realized Maasi was standing next to me.

"Maasi, mujhe laga usse chot lag gayi. Aadat hai usse baar baar chot lagwane ki." I said in my defence.

"Main sab samajhti hoon." she replied.

"Aap pata nahi kya samajh rahi hain." I said and walked away to my room to prepare for the first session of medical training.

_____