Chapter 6

A few weeks had passed since the conversation with Advay. He made sure to get back in touch with Shilpa and invite her along with Armaan and Atul for his wedding.

Armaan sat in the locker room pondering over his thoughts looking at Shilpa's locker.

"Kya soch raha hai bhai?" he heard Atul as he entered the locker room.

"Kuch nahi champ. Bus, aise hi." he replied.

"Mujhse jhoot bolne ka to soch bhi mat. Shilpa ke baare mein soch raha hai na?" asked Atul.

"Nahi, aisa kuch nahi hai yaar." he replied, looking everywhere else other than at Atul.

Atul chuckled and kept his arm around Armaan's shoulder.

"Maine pehle kyun nahi socha ye. No wonder you got so defensive when she mentioned dating and then again when Sid told Shilpa to go on tinder. Also, when I suggested she date Advay. You panicked. Probably because tujhe tab apni feelings realize nahi hui. Par main tujhe bohot achhi tarah jaanta hoon Armaan.", he smiled.

"Champ! Main..." he trailed off.

"Champ main kya? Armaan main jaanta hoon. Tu bhi jaanta hai. Tu Shilpa ke peechhe peechhe aise ghoomta hai jaise main Anjali ke peechhe ghoomta tha. Tujhe ab bas ye accept karna hai kyunki tu already realize kar chuka hai par manna nahi chahta." he said.

"What if Shilpa doesn't feel the same way?" Armaan questioned, nervously.

"You cannot decide for her. Tell her and give her a chance to take a decision for herself."

"But if she doesn't, it will spoil our friendship. That's exactly what Advay said." Armaan replied.

"And Advay also said that things might be good for the two of you. Things might work out. Why don't you think of the positives than the negatives? Tu kabse aisa ho gaya? I know you've been through heartbreak and so has Shilpa. I also know how difficult it was for you to get over Riddhima but Shilpa has gone through that too and she wants to put an effort to move on in life. Give her a chance and tell her that you love her. You never know, things might just become perfect in your life." Atul smiled.

Armaan pondered over Atul's words and decided to give it a shot.

--

Shilpa came out of the cancer ward after her rounds and saw Armaan sitting alone in the cafeteria. She wondered why he was sitting alone. Ever since the conversation with Advay a few weeks ago, Armaan became aloof. May he didn't think of her that way, or maybe he did. He always looked like he was contemplating things constantly. Overthinking!

"Aaj mujhe nahi bulaya tumne!" she complained and took a seat next to him.

"Tum rounds par thi. Isliye." he gulped.

"Tum mujhse aaj kal theek se baat tak nahi karte Armaan. Koi problem hai? Maine kuch kiya ya kaha ho that hurt you, maybe?" she asked, keeping her hand over his on the table.

As soon as he felt her hand on his, he felt a jolt and looked up at her big beautiful hazel orbs and gulped nervously.

"Phirse nervous lag rahe ho." she stated the obvious.

"Ai-Aisa kuch nahi hai."

She giggled at his very obvious nervous tone in his deep voice.

"Nahi batana, to mat batao. But I really wish tum mujhse baat karo. But if I'm making you uncomfortable, main yahan se chali jaati hoon. But you know where to find me when you decide to talk it out or confide." she gently caressed his stubble cheek with a smile on her face and walked out of the cafeteria leaving him to his thoughts.

Before Armaan could stop her, she was out of his sight.

--

Armaan looked around for Shilpa in the hospital that evening, but couldn't find her. As soon as he saw Atul talking to one of the ward boys in the corridor, he ran over to him.

"Shilpa ko dekha?" he asked.

"She finished her duty and went home. Staff quarters mein. Tujhe batakar nahi gayi?" he asked.

Armaan didn't bother asking and ran out of the hospital towards the staff quarters.

"Good evening Dr. Armaan!" greeted one of the doctors as he entered the gates. He just nodded and ran further to reach Shilpa's house.

He rang the bell one time and no one answered. He rang a few more times and waited when he heard footsteps getting close.

The door opened to reveal, Shilpa in a white patiala salwar and a long t-shirt, and her hair was freshly washed. He could smell cherry blossom. He had become so fond of that smell that it instantly calmed him.

"Armaan, tum yahan kya kar rahe ho?" she asked.

He didn't bother answering her question and took a step closer to her and held her by her arms. She gulped wondering what happened to him and before she could question him any further, he pressed his lips onto hers. The kiss was fervent and desperate. She closed his eyes feeling his hard lips on her and she started to return his kiss with equal passion and hunger. His hand left her arm and snaked around her petite waist while hers made way around his neck as she ran her fingers through his hair pulling him closer.

After a long while, they broke apart gasping for air as they rested their foreheads together taking deep breathes when suddenly Shilpa realized that they were standing at her doorstep and giggled.