Chapter 7

Armaan's POV

"Armaan, tum yahan kya kar rahe ho?" she asked.

I didn't bother answering her question and took a step closer to her and held her by her arms. She seemed clueless but not nervous. That's a good thing, I think. Before she could ask me anything further, I kissed her. I was desperate to feel her close to me, to ensure that she's there, with me and for me, forever. I felt her eyelashes touch mine as she closed eyes and suddenly, I felt her kiss me back, with equal desire. I left her arm and wrapped them around her waist while I felt her hands go around my neck.

As soon as I felt her fingers run through my hair, I pulled her closer if that was even possible. We kissed, not caring where we were, who was watching, nothing at all. The only thing we felt was the need to be close. I pulled away gasping for air and rested my forehead on hers.

I heard the cutest giggle come out from her. Was she happy, embarrassed?

"Ye kya tha?" she asked with a small smile playing on her lips.

"Ek kiss."

"Wo to pata hai, par iski wajah?" she asked.

"Yahi ke I don't want you trying to look around for men to date or get married to." I shrugged.

She raised her eyebrows at me still smirking at me.

"Tum nahi chahte to main kya karoon? Main to dhoondungi, koi handsome ladka, my soulmate, my life partner." she shrugged.

I knew she was trying to rile me up and it was working. I balled my fists. As if I was gonna let any such thing happen.

"To main kya, tumhari shaadi mein dholak bajane aaunga? Itna good looking doctor tumhare saamne dikh nahi raha? Aur wo Advay ne kya bola, tumhe samajh nahi aaya?"

Suddenly my pager rang. Emergency surgery, fuck! I shook my head and looked up at her beautiful face.

"All okay?" she asked.

"Emergency surgery."

"Do you need me there?" she asked.

"Nahi, We will continue this conversation later tonight." I said and turned around to run back to the hospital.

"Gladly, Dr. Mallik!" she said waving at me with a smile and I knew, she was the one. The only one I needed in my life.

--

Shilpa's POV

I smiled to myself as Arman went back to the hospital and walked back into my quarters. I picked up my phone and called Sid.

"Hey Shilpa!" he answered on the third ring.

"How are you dear friend? Kab aa rahe ho?"

"This weekend." He said making me grin.

"That's amazing Sid!"

I was so happy today. Sid was coming to visit this weekend and the most amazing kiss that happened a few minutes ago. I could still feel his lips on mine. Armaan Mallik. The man who was truly one of the most amazing men I have met in my life.

"Kahan kho gayi? Tab se bula raha hoon!" Sid yelled on the phone bringing me out of my thoughts.

"Umm, Armaan kissed me." I blurted.

"WHAAAT? Kab? Kaise? Kahan?" he asked like a kid in a candy shop. I could hear the happiness and excitement in his tone.

"Just now. A few minutes back. He came, rang the bell, kissed me at the door of my quarters, and now has gone back to the hospital to attend an emergency." I said.

"Armaan and Shilpa, standing at the door, K-I-S-S-I-N-G." he sang.

"Immature and it doesn't rhyme." I laughed.

"Shilps, I need to go back to work, but I need more details later. See you on the weekend."

"See you Siddy boy! Talk later."

I cut the call and thought of going out for a while. Since the weather was getting better, I could just walk around and get some grocery shopping done.

I walked out and went to the market area and picked up some fruits, veggies and other groceries, and walked back home. By the time I reached home, I saw Armaan sitting on the staircase.

"Kahan gayi thi tum? Kabse wait kar raha hu. Itne saare calls bhi kiye!" He said, tensed.

"I left my phone at home and just went for a walk and to buy groceries." I shrugged.

"Main kitna pareshan ho gaya tha Shilpa. Atleast text kar deti." He said.

"I thought tumhe zyada time lagega and I'll be back before you'll get free from work." I shrugged and continued, "Acha, sorry. Agli baar se aisa nahi karungi. Text dungi aur phone lekar jaungi."

"Ab batao, continuing the conversation from earlier." he said.

"Armaan, andar chaley? I'd like to keep the groceries inside first." I cut him off.

He nodded and let me open the door and followed me inside. I smiled to myself wondering whether he'd confess today or does he have something else in mind.

Armaan's POV

"Tumko yaad hai na ke tumhare dost Advay ne kya kaha tha?" I asked as we stood in the kitchen as she emptied the bag of groceries on the counter.

"Tum hi to itna door door rehne lagey they. Mujhe laga you didn't want to give it a try so.." she trailed off

She is right. I was afraid to accept my feelings for her. Not anymore.

"I want to give us a try." I said with as much conviction that I could muster. I made her turn to look at me and took her hands in mine and smiled at her.

"Pakka? Bhaagoge to nahi?" she asked, smiling at me.

"Kabhi nahi"

She smiled and hugged me tucking herself in me.

"I love you Shilpa. I have loved you for a while now but I could never get myself to accept my feelings." I confessed. I could not keep my feelings to myself anymore.

"I like you Armaan, I feel attracted to you. Pyar shayad karti hoon, abhi tak pata nahi hai. But I will get there." She said, still hugging me close.

I could feel the love she had for me so I know she will understand and accept her feelings.

I dropped a gentle kiss on her exposed neck. She moaned pulling me closer. I broke away and looked at her beautiful face. She was mine. All mine. I cupped her cheek and I saw her eyes close.

"I'm gonna kiss you again." I announced.

A small smile played on her lips as I descended down and captured her lips with mine. Unlike the previous kiss we had at the door of her house, this was slow and gentle. Her lips tasted of strawberries. I continued to kiss her and moved to her cheek and then her ear. I felt her hands travel from my back to my hair. I gently bit her earlobe and she tugged on my hair. This was turning me on so bad. I continued to drop light kisses down her neck and she moaned.

"We should stop now." I mumbled against her neck.

"We can continue this later sometime." She replied almost out of breath, making me smile.

"We will continue this." I smiled breaking away and looking at her eyes still closed. She gently opened her eyes to look at me.

"Aaj dinner karoge mere saath?" she asked.

"Sirf aaj?" I asked.

"You know what I mean Armaan." she replied.

"Haan, we'll have dinner together."

"I'll cook. Waise Atul ko bhi bula lo. Bechara akele dinner karega warna. After dinner, you and I can spend some time together. Maybe go out for a walk." She said.

"Done and done! I'll call Atul now." I smiled looking at this beautiful girl who is now my girlfriend and the love of my life. Things are only gonna get better here on. She is a part of my life andall I want to do is to keep her happy, always.