Chapter Nine: We Burn Them All

Start from the beginning

"Hi mum" said Taylor taking a seat next to his father on the sofa.

"Oh hello dear, we were worried that you wouldn't be coming to see us" said Arianne looking up briefly from scrubbing the oven to reply.

"Sorry, I've had a few things going on is all" said Taylor feeling bad that he'd not spent much time with his family even though they were pretty much next door.

"It’s okay and I won't ask what things you've been up to as long as your safe" said Arianne clearly concerned even though he'd received their blessing to carry on with what he was doing.

"There's nothing safe about this Arianne" said Gregory peering out from the top of his newspaper ever so briefly to look at his wife.

"So glad to have your positive attitude around Gregory" retorted Arianne with a scowl as she wrung out the cloth into the sink sending grime and muck washing away down the drain.

"Dear were in a caravan site full of people who can throw balls of fire while being in the middle of a war, so I'd much rather stick to the reality of things" said Gregory clearly irritable at their current situation.

"Alright that's enough, I didn't come over to hear you bloody bicker amongst yourselves" snapped Taylor, he couldn't stand them arguing yes it was normal in a relationship but it still wasn't pleasant to listen to.

"Don't snap at us young man were still your parents despite what's happening here" said Gregory authoritatively. At that Taylor said nothing more on the subject, unlike most teenage boys he had the sense to listen to his father, he was a smart man always had been.

 "Sorry dad" said Taylor looking at the paper his father was reading.

On the front it had the pictures of Mark O’Connell and Charlotte O'Connell who'd been killed in the attack on the college. Their pictures showed them so full of life, it was the picture on Charlotte's Facebook of them it showed just how close they were by their smiling faces as they were stood in a queue for a ride at Thorpe Park.

The headline read "BROTHER AND SISTER KILLED IN GAS EXPLOSION". They obviously put it down to that as nobody would know aside from the Embers what really happened that day. Their poor parents, they'd had a good family as well. Arianne saw the look on Taylor's face and followed his gaze to the picture on the paper and instantly made the connection.

"Taylor I'm sorry about your friends, it wasn't fair that they were taken so early in life, but I'm sure they wouldn't want you to worry so much" said Arianne feeling nothing but heart ache for her little boy who had gone through so much in such a short time.

"They weren't really friends as such but yea your right they wouldn't want me to sulk like this but I can’t help it, because of me they're dead mum if only I hadn't gone to college that day or..."

Before Taylor could finish his sentence a whooshing sound filled the small confines of the caravan as a whirlwind of white flames erupted between him and his mother. The fire cleared and there lay with the most horrible burn he had ever seen running from one side of his face all the way down his chest to his abdomen, his robes burnt to shreds was Argus, his breathing ragged and his eye's full of fear.

Arturion Base Scotland, Ten Minutes Ago

 Argus casually walked along the open grass of Inchkieth Island, they'd moved into the place as the government had given up renovating the structures on the Island due to a lack of funds. Needless to say it was now home with a renovated house used to accommodate the other Arturion's on the Island along with the lighthouse which had also been repaired. It was also at the top where Argus lived he liked to be able to see everywhere on the Island, it made him feel safe and in control.