Chapter Nine: We Burn Them All

Start from the beginning

This wasn't easy for her Taylor could tell that much from the way she still fiddled with her hands and how she'd spoken barely above a whisper the entire time. It was sincere and she was clearly angry and upset it's natural to blame others when you aren't thinking clearly.

"It's okay Lara the fact you sought me out to speak to me in person say's enough about how sincere you are." "I'm sorry for the loss of your family I know I don't fully understand but it can't be easy to know you came here to start a new life to have everything you knew torn away from you in an instant" said Taylor.

He took a step closer and not believing it himself as he wrapped his arms around Lara's shoulders and pulled her in close.

Instead of push him away as he expected she buried her head into his shoulder gripping his sides firmly and cried such intense furious sobs, she screamed out in anger mixed with her cries. She even brought her hands up balling them into fists and started pounding away at his chest. It didn't hurt as Taylor stood there accepting the furious thumping of her fists as she cried and cried sliding to the floor Taylor following with her, his arms still embracing her.

 She hadn't properly grieved for the death of her family, it was probably what led to the amount of anger and resentment that she had been throwing Taylor's way. They sat there for what felt like forever, Lara's sobs gradually slowing and growing quieter bit by bit as she looked up back into Taylor's eyes. Her hands were shaking from where she'd been bashing away at his chest. She wiped her tears away into the sleeves of the emerald green jumper she wore with large buttons starting as far as the middle of her chest.

"Why them it wasn't fair, they should have just taken me my dad died trying to fight them but Noran killed him, there was no sign of remorse in his eyes as he tore my life away from me" said Lara her eyes bulging in anger.

"He's an evil man Lara it's what he does, but I will stop him before he can hurt anyone else, I promise you" said Taylor staring back into her eyes intently as a soft breeze blew through her ginger hair which was untied falling beautifully down to her shoulders.

 "I hope so, it's all he deserves" said Lara as she got to her feet her hands beginning to lessen their unrelenting shaking.

"Thank you though, I needed that" "How did you know that I wouldn't slap you though?" asked Lara a playful edge creeping into her voice ever so slight as it was.

"Ha well I thought that you were going to do something but luckily you didn't clobber me one" said Taylor with a smile. She was finally relaxed that was good he couldn't stand to see people around him suffer.

"Lucky you then  it would seem that Kimiko was right, you are a good guy" said Lara with a smile and seeing her this way showed that she was good looking, very good looking actually. Taylor put the thought aside it wasn't really appropriate.

"Did she say anything else?" asked Taylor his curiosity peaked and surprised himself as he never took much of an interest in girls generally.

"You think there was something else" said Lara raising an eyebrow a wicked smirk playing across her lips.

"Just instinct and if I'm right then you’re probably not going to tell me anyway, are you?" said Taylor.

"I suppose you'll never know for sure will you, good bye Taylor" said Lara grinning as she left trudging through the trees and back to the caravans and out of sight.

"That was an interesting turn of events" thought Taylor smiling to himself and heading back to the site to see his parents. He'd arrived at his parent’s caravan and stepped inside to find his mother going about the place giving it a thorough clean with a cloth and spray of some sort; apparently it wasn't up to her usual standards. His father was sat on the sofa with a newspaper and a cup of coffee reading intently.