XV. Solitude

A/N: This is the last chapter. Sorry I didn't warn y'all earlier. I didn't know if I was gonna end it yet or not.

Date: December 30th

The entire month of December had been great for them. Christmas was great, as well as the time they spent together.

But they didn't find out until December 30th that the law... passed.

"You decided to tell us just now?!" Beomgyu screamed at the evil king. "That's unfair!"

"Life is unfair. You can't rule a kingdom when you're only twenty years old."

Beomgyu looked at his grandma for help, but she couldn't do anything against it. He ran upstairs to his room with tears in his eyes, jumping into Taehyun's arms as the younger boy tried to calm him down.

"Hey, it'll be okay. We'll figure it out."

"We need to get out of here before January 1st," Beomgyu sniffled, grabbing a bag and stuffing things in it.

"Why?"

"We can't stay here! It's gonna be a Dictatorship!"

"And you're just gonna let that happen?"

"There's nothing I can do! Everything I have tried to do has turned against me because of that asshole who calls himself a king."

Taehyun watched him pack his most beloved items, sighing and taking his suitcase from him.

"You can't just leave all these people behind."

"He's doing it for Solitude and Riften! If Yeonjun can't get married to Kai soon, then Solitude will rule Riften! And if he rules Solitude, then he gets Riften, the weapon trader, and we're all fucking screwed!"

Taehyun's eyes widened and he shook his head. "Then stop it."

"How?!"

"I don't know!"

Beomgyu thought of only one way. He would have to get married to a female stranger tomorrow. But he wasn't going to do that.

"I give up, okay Taehyun?! I give up on trying! I give up on this stupid legacy!" He threw his crown down on the ground and looked at the kingdom pendent in it. "And I give up on Solitude."

Date: December 31st

Taehyun sat in his living room, sadly eating popcorn and watching a movie.

Today was the fall of a kingdom.

His kingdom.

The one he wanted to protect, but couldn't.

There was a knock on the door and Kaneisyeon walked in after he said "come in".

"Hey," she said, sitting next to him and taking some of his popcorn. "It's raining cats and dogs out there. Gloomy weather for a gloomy day, right?"

Taehyun nodded, gasping when loud yells were heard from outside above the thunder. He walked over to the window, eyes widening when he saw a bunch of citizens walking down the street yelling.

"What is it?" Kaneisyeon asked.

"A riot or something. Come on." They left the building and walked into the parade of people. "Excuse me, what is this?" He asked a lady.

"Every kingdom is threatening to burn down all the buildings if they don't lift the law and let Beomgyu marry his boyfriend and become king. The citizens of Riften can do damage."

Taehyun, stunned, ran to the front of the crowd with Kaneisyeon, seeing that they were just a couple hundred feet from the front gates of the palace.

Nobody was being let in though, as there were a bunch of guards blocking the way, and Taehyun turned to face Kaneisyeon.

"You go to the back, okay? Be careful!"

"Wait, Taehyun!" She yelled as he ran to the west side of the palace to open the hidden gate.

He ran through it and up to Beomgyu's room, going out the door to go downstairs. They were currently handing Solitude over, but they still had twenty minutes before the marriage deadline.

He ran past staff and guards to get to the auditorium, bursting into the quiet room filled with royals where the queen was signing something.

"You want Solitude? Fine. Take it. It won't be much use when Riften blows up every kingdom anyway," he said, walking down the isle even though he was soaking wet. "Everybody is out there rioting. Everyone in Dawnstar is rioting, and Riften will drop bombs on everybody if you don't let their prince get married to the love of his life."

Beomgyu was nearly crying from everything going on, and part of it was happiness from what Taehyun was saying.

"My citizens wouldn't do that," he said.

"One of them is livestreaming it. Some of them are on their way here right now. And some people from Riften want to have a word with you too," someone in the audience said.

The man thought for a moment and groaned. "Fine. You can have your immature, inferior kingdom."

Everyone started cheering in happiness and Beomgyu hugged Taehyun tightly, sobbing until he saw a minister behind Taehyun.

"Well, I suppose I'm here for a reason now," he smiled.

"Ye- wait, we don't have rings," Beomgyu disappointedly said.

"It's fine. You don't need them."

Date: January 10th

"You don't see this everyday," Kaneisyeon said as they all waited in the smaller auditorium. "Two kings... interesting."

Beomgyu's legs shook and he was nearly bouncing in his seat when the black crown was placed on his head, along with a brand new one on Taehyun's.

He's basically dreamed of having this crown for years.

Beomgyu's grandmother linked arms with both of them and they walked down the isle, Taehyun and Beomgyu officially being crowned the kings of Solitude.

~The end~

A/N: I have to admit I'm not really that satisfied with the ending or the book in general, but I think it was okay.

Thanks for reading.

Bye bye ❤.