X. Law

A/N: Next few chapters will be kinda short.

Date: November 20th

"Beomgyu, did you see what they're trying to do? The leaders are trying to ban any royal family member from marrying someone of the same gender. Does this mean Riften won't have a king?" Miyoung asked.

"Well, if Yeonjun refuses to marry anyone else, Soobin can marry a girl and become king." He thought for a moment and then shut his eyes. "What leaders?"

"My dad and the king of Dawnstar. The one who's going to take over Solitude if you don't become king."

Beomgyu sighed and pushed his plate away, losing his appetite after that.

"If you'll excuse me, I need to go speak with my grandmother." He stood up and wiped his mouth before going to her office, seeing her signing things. "Grandma, what is this new rule they're trying to pass?"

"What rule?"

"The one banning same sex marriage. What will happen to Rifte-"

"What happens there is none of your business while you're still a prince," she interrupted, fixing her glasses and looking at him.

"But... they're my friends."

"Who?"

"Prince Yeonjun and Prince Soobin. And Huening Kai."

She sighed. "If none of them take the throne, then Solitude will rule them. Which means you will."

"But if I don't, then-"

"Then Dawnstar will rule Solitude and Riften, yes. And we don't want that to happen. Which is why you're going to marry Princess Miyoung and become king."

She never acted like that. Maybe as a queen, yes. But as his grandma? Her tone of voice was heartbreaking to him.

He knew she didn't mean to hurt his feelings. She was just so stressed about her kingdom being ruled by a horrible person that she forgot how to talk to him.

But she didn't bother saying sorry, so he left. He forgot to do what he went in there to do in the first place, which was ask her to talk to the other rulers. But even if she tried, they all sucked anyway.

They would never budge.

There were four kingdoms in their area: Dawnstar, Solitude, Riften, and Windhelm, which was where Princess Miyoung was from.

And since Dawnstar and apparently Windhelm were trying to pass this law, that meant Beomgyu's grandmother and Yeonjun and Soobin's mom would have to agree that it was stupid.

Then it would be a tie. And the tie would just eliminate the law all together.

He was thinking about the law for the sake of Riften, nothing else.

When he walked out the main doors and looked up at the sky, he saw that it was covered in stars.

It brought a smile to his face and he had to keep himself from crying.

"Star Boy," he whispered, biting his lip to hold back the sob ready to come out.