VIII. True Love

Date: November 15th

"Are you ready to meet Princess Miyoung?" Beomgyu's grandmother asked as he buttoned his cuffs.

He nodded, watching her walk away through the mirror.

No, he was not ready. They found him someone to marry since he couldn't find anyone himself, and he didn't like the idea.

He wanted Taehyun.

He didn't even know what happened to Taehyun after that day. The boy just completely disappeared.

When she came back into the room, he quickly followed her out, the usual pep in his step being gone because of how miserable he was at the moment.

The thought of marriage was completely depressing to him now. All he could think about was Taehyun, and how he didn't want to be king.

It made Beomgyu think... if being king wasn't part of it, would Taehyun marry him?

His mind had been clouded lately. Sadness was the only emotion he could produce.

If it wasn't for the fate of Solitude, he wouldn't be getting married to some random princess. But be had to do it for his people.

He wiped the tears threatening to spill from his eyes and then they entered the conference room where multiple people were, including other rulers and the queen and king of Miyoung's kingdom.

He awkwardly sat next to her, staring at his hands as everyone started talking.

"Now that that boy is out of the picture, Beomgyu can marry a princess like tradition."

"I agree. He never should've had relations with a poor boy. Someone who would just use the royal family for money and fame."

"He's probably an idiot."

"That's enough," Beomgyu's grandmother said, making them all shut up. "I will not have you people disrespecting a citizen of my kingdom. Prince Beomgyu was in love, and since said boy didn't want to be king, it's over. Drop it. We're not talking about him today anyway."

Beomgyu bit his lip and blinked his tears away.

He missed Taehyun...

So much.

And it didn't help that all these stupid people were talking bad about him.

"Beomgyu, this is my daughter, Miyoung," the queen of the other kingdom said. "You guys should get to know each other while we all talk."

Beomgyu nodded and stood up, gesturing for the princess to follow him.

"Would you like a tour?" He asked.

She nodded and walked with him throughout the palace. He showed her his suite, the kitchen, the dining room, more conference rooms, and finally, the huge garden in the back.

"You're really kind Beomgyu. Thank you for showing me around."

He smiled softly and plucked a rose to give to her. Her giggle made him sigh. "I'm sorry. I've never done something like this before."

"What do you mean?"

"Romantic stuff. It's not exactly something I'm good at."

"You've never gone on a date?" He shook his head. "Well, hold my hand. We can go have a picnic and ask the chef to make us some food. Does that sound fun?"

Beomgyu nodded. He didn't know if he wanted to be with her, but he didn't really have a choice anymore. And he thought he might as well just get to know her first.

So they had a picnic. He learned that she was a champion in cup stacking, along with how many burgers she could eat in five minutes. She was a dork, just like him, and he was dying of laughter by the end of their conversation.

"You're so fun to talk to," he said, giggling and taking a drink of his water.

"Same to you. Beomgyu..." she wiped off her dress and folded her hands in her lap. "Do you believe in true love?"

He nodded. "It's something that comes out of fairytales. And well... we kind of live in one."

"Yeah, we do. Do you think that you can love someone you just met?"

 Do you think that you can love someone you just met?"

"Yes," Beomgyu said

"Yes," Beomgyu said. "Yes, I believe you can love someone you just met."