V. Times Have Changed

Date: November 7th

"Why are they coming tomorrow?" Beomgyu asked. "I thought this was just for royals."

"Members of the royal family," the queen corrected, walking down the hall with Beomgyu. "Your mother and her husband are included in that."

He sighed and rolled his eyes where she couldn't see as they entered the kitchen.

"Your Majesty, Your Highness," the head chef said, bowing. All the other cooks bowed too and Beomgyu looked down, still shy whenever people treated him with respect.

"Do you have the catering plan for the coronation?" Beomgyu's grandmother asked.

His eyes widened and he quickly shook his head. "C-coronation? I don't even know if I'll be able to be king yet."

"This is just in case. Go up to your room and cuddle with your cat or something."

He sadly watched them continue talking and then walked out. He leaned against the wall outside and took his crown off, staring at the diamonds and rubies encrusted in it.

Taehyun doesn't want to be king, he thought, sad that the one person he liked didn't want to accept the responsibility.

He put his crown back on, pouting as he walked back up to his room. It was a big suite, with a comfortable bed, a TV, and a big closet and bathroom.

It was like a white and tan aesthetic, perfect for an emo prince.

He flopped face first into his bed until he felt a paw smack the crown off of his head. He watched the paw continously smacking it until it fell of the bed and he sighed.

"No Rosie. You can't just..." he looked down at it and shook his head. "I've told you not to touch that."

The cat sat on the bed and just stared at him as he went to go put the crown back in it's high security glass case.

It wasn't because of the jewels in it. It was because of the symbolizaion of it.

This one was gold, for a prince. The next one he's supposed to get is black with sapphires and rubies inside of it, for a king.

He wished he could just get the high profile crown now, but he couldn't.

Not until he got married.

There was a knock at the door and he groaned before getting up to answer it.

"Yeah?"

"I'm here to clean your room."

He nodded and stepped aside. It was just the maid.

Sitting on his bed, he continued petting his cat, Rosie, and watched TV until there was another knock on the door. But this time, it came from the glass door for his balcony.

He quickly stood up and walked over to it, ignoring the confused stare from the maid.

Seeing Taehyun would've brought him a lot of happiness, if it wasn't for the younger boy collapsing into his arms.

"M-miss, can you leave please?!" He asked, panicked. The maid nodded, immediately respecting the prince's wishes, before walking out with her cart and shutting his bedroom door behind her. "Taehyun, are you okay?!"

Taehyun shook his head, letting Beomgyu help him to the bed to lay down.

Beomgyu saw cuts and bruises all over Taehyun's face and arms, along with dirt everywhere.

"What happened?"

"Just- can you... can you help me, please?"

He nodded and ran to his bathroom to get the first aid kit, coming back to help Taehyun out of his ripped shirt and shorts.