37. Love Broth

Sakura Haruno had just woken up for her day. She was one of the best medics in the world after her mentor Tsunade Senju. Working at the hospital, running a clinic and doing medical research kept her busy pretty much all the time. She had put a hold on her life in order to do more medical research so that people could live longer and healthier lives.

Throughout the years, especially after the war, her interest had shifted from war medics to work more with babies and children. She had done a tonne of work on them and was still in between a study regarding the birth of babies.

She loved her job. Although she had little to no personal life, she did have a number of lovers. Shinobi, medics, business men, she had men throwing themselves at her and she welcomed whoever her heart desired.

Sex kept her mind away from the undesirable feeling of companionship, which she didn't want at this particular point of her career. She was living the life many wanted, and she loved it.

The man she was with tonight came all the way from the land of lightning, just to see her. All of her, and he did. Sakura left the sleeping man onto her bed and got up, still naked. She freshened up and was just brushing her hair when a knock was heard on her front door.

She dropped the hair brush and hurriedly put on the first shirt she saw in her dresser, making her way to the door.
She opened it and froze.

"S-Sasuke!", her eyes widened at seeing the man she had been infatuated with since she was young, standing at her doorstep, bleeding. "Y-youre injured! Come inside!"

She helped the raven man onto the couch of her living room. The Uchiha was almost out of it, having lost so much blood. Sakura hurriedly brought her medical supplies and tended to his wounds.

"Sasuke I have to take you to the hospital, you have multiple fractures throughout your body", she said while healing the smaller injuries with her hands.

"No, no Sakura, do whatever you can... here", the raven said, with half lidded eyes.

"Sweetheart it'll take hours if I were to heal all of them her-"

"Don't...tell..Nar...", his speech drifted off as his vision turned dark.

Sakura took a deep breath and pulled her hair up into a ponytail. Treating injured Shinobi came like second nature to her by now, although it would be alot easier and alot less time consuming if they were to be in a hospital set up.

"Okay. Time to do it the old fashioned way", she thought out loud and began doing what she did best.

Sasuke Uchiha woke up with a slight headache and some sort of ringing in his ear. What is that? The lights in the room were dim but he still needed to adjust his eyes to them. He tried turning his head but the ringing only got worse. Am I dead? No it doesn't seem to be that.

"You might want to keep your head still for a while. You've been out of it for twelve hours now", the pink haired medic's voice was soothing to his ringing ears.

He stared ahead to the ceiling. "Did you tell...?"

"Naruto? No I didn't. But I did inform Shikamaru at the office, someone had to know you were here. It is a big deal you know, you coming back after almost four years"

Sasuke quickly turned his head to the kunoichi, who was sitting on the table beside the couch, she was sipping on some tea, presumably lavender from the scent of it.

"Did you say fo...four years?", he asked with his eyes a bit wide.

Sakura put down her tea, "Well yeah, almost. What did you think?"