Chapter 21: Cold Truth

Start from the beginning

"You didn't even touch me!" Y/N yelled, running after his older brother anyway. 

"Don't get too dirty! We're not allowed running water at this time of day!" Jupiter called out, Y/N's older sister. 

(Laughs in Rewind)

"Okay!" Y/N laughed, running towards his older sister and hugging her. 

"You look happier today Y/N, I'm glad" Jupiter said with a smile, messing with her little brother's hair. 

"Mhm! The heroes and doctors only took this many blood thingies today!" Y/N said, holding up three fingers. 

"Still shouldn't be" Akain muttered, walking towards his siblings. 

Y/N was four years old, Akai had turned 13 not that long ago. Jupiter was the oldest, 16 years old. 

"That'll stop once he gets his quirk, then maybe they'll leave us all alone for a while" Jupiter sighed, picking up the laundry basket. Y/N and Akai picked up some fire wood and started to walk through the village. 

"Hurry home, now!" A soldier yelled, pushing Jupiter with his massive gun in his hands. 

"Stop pushing Jupiter!" Y/N yelled. Before Jupiter could calm her brother down, the soldier knocked the four year old to the ground, hard. 

"Hey! You damn bastard!" Akai growled, pushing the soldier away from his little brother. 

"Akai no!" Jupiter said in a panic. It would be bad if they got on the soldier's bad side, they might be mean to Y/N the next day during the checkups. The three siblings heard fast footsteps approaching them, and Y/N was quick to get up. 

"Bailey!" Y/N yelled, watching as his dog ran from their house and stood protectively in front of them. 

"You're glad you're valuable for the time being, or I'd kill you in an instant" the soldier said, pointing his gun at Y/N. Bailey growled louder, making the soldier point the gun at the dog. Y/N gasped and pulled Bailey behind himself. 

"We'll go home now, sorry for the trouble" Jupiter rushed out, bowing before pulling her brothers away, Bailey following after them. 

"This is bullshit" Akai mumbled once they were far enough, kicking a rock out of their path. 

"What is?" Jupiter asked, readjusting her grip on the laundry basket. 

"Look around Jupiter" Akai said, waving his arms around. 

The once clean and lively village, had turned into a prison. There were soldiers everywhere, all holding guns. There were attack tanks stationed in a few places, even heroes were patrolling the area as well. 

"It'll be okay, as long as we stay together. We'll get through this" Jupiter said, her voice dying down a little towards the end. Because even she didn't believe what she was saying. The village had been exactly like this when she was born, she had to go through the checkups Y/N was being put through. Akai did as well, this was a norm for the Amitayus clan. 

"Your mother was looking for you kids, better hurry home before role call" a women smiled at the trio, holding her baby in her arms.