1. The New Kid.

" He smiled and all I could think was 'oh shit'. "

Chapter one. The New Kid.

"Louis William Tomlinson?" The counselor calls out and looks around the rather empty waiting area.

"Yeah, but you can just call me Louis Tomlinson." Louis explains as he thinks his whole name sounds too posh.

"You got it. My name is Thomas Andersson, but you can call me Tommy." Tommy says and continues. "So, how's everything? Is London treating you right so far?" He jokes and gives Louis a pappy smile.

Louis answers with a simple "Just fine, thank you". They walk down the vacant hallway towards a door. It has a sign that says English with an additional British flag beside the cursive letters.

"That's lovely to hear Louis. Here is your schedule for your classes." Tommy hands him a piece of paper. "You start the day off with English class, then drama class and then lunch. Okay?"

Louis nods. He is used to this. He has been the new kid many, many times. His mom, Johannah, works really hard and has a job that requires a lot of moving around. Louis never liked it, but he loves his mom and wants her to be happy with what she's doing.

Louis' sisters, Lottie, Félicité and the twins Phoebe and Daisy, are at his step dad, Mark's house. They still live in Doncaster, where Louis was born. They moved when his mom and step dad split up and Louis decided to stay with his mom.

Even though his mom doesn't want to admit it, he knows that moving around is also a distraction from the pain of not seeing the rest of the kids more often. Lottie has promised to come visit as frequently as she can, but like the others, she got school.

Louis' heart starts to pound harder as Tommy moves his hand from his side to the door handle. Louis kind of regrets the thick, red hoodie he wore under his winter jacket. He can feel the heat raise to his forehead. The class has already started and he tries to not draw too much attention to himself. Louis forgets how nerve wracking it is to step in front of a new class.

Tommy, thankfully, takes the lead and whispers something to the teacher who looks at Louis and smiles. The rest of the class has their heads down in their books, focusing on reading.

The english teacher then breaks the silence.

She clapped her hands to get the her student's attention. "Alright, class. This is our new student, Louis Tomlinson." She looks at Louis and he can feel his cheeks turn red. This time it's not the heat from the vermillion jumper, but the feeling of every set of eyes on him.

Louis takes a deep breath and reaches his hand up to give a quick wave to the class. Before he can open his mouth, someone slams open the door behind him and Louis quickly turns his head to see a tall, curly haired boy burst through the door. Louis can see the sweat forming at his hairline, thanks to the headband wrapped around his head.

"Oops." He blurts out when he sees that the class is in the middle of something. His hand flies to cover his mouth. He looks at Louis and gives him an awkward smile, showing off his white teeth.

"Hi." Louis utters. His blue eyes can't help but to get locked into the boy's green ones.

"Mr. Styles, go to your seat and we will talk after class." The english teacher declares in a dense voice. Louis can tell this is not the first time this has happened.

"Yes, sorry, Miss Rhodes. Fuck." Styles mutters under his breath and walks to the back of the classroom.

"Language!" Miss Rhodes calls out and all she gets in response is a thumbs up from the curly haired bloke. Louis gives out a small chuckle, but stops immediately when he sees Tommy's serious facial expression.