𝟬𝟰. control - lost.

Start from the beginning

"No, you shouldn't have been out there." Bloom said to the two girls.

"Is that American for "sorry I almost set you on fire"? You were a runaway train with no idea what you were doing." Aisha said as Zara rolled her eyes at the first years.

"Which is why I was out there alone trying to figure it out." Bloom snapped at Aisha.

"Brilliant idea. Go ahead, to try to figure it out without any training whatever, your reckless Bloom! You shouldn't have been out there in the first place, knowing that there's another threat there other than your magic!" Zara said, defending her and Aisha's honour.

"I'm not like the rest of you. I didn't grow up here. I don't have fairy parents. I've done magic once in my life and it was..." Bloom drawed off.

"What? Terrible? I'm shocked. I flooded my entire secondary school after I failed a math test. Taps, sprinklers, toilets... Have you ever waded through human poo? I have. Not pleasant. Sometimes being a fairy means you have to deal with shit." Aisha told her story, making Zara let out a small smile of amusement.

  "Akira! Akira, please please" the younger girls asked there big brother or more like begged. Akira shook his head as he used both of his hands to pick up Zara, Layla smiled when Zara let out a laugh.

"We can't Zara" That wiped the smile off Zara's face, and she nodded in sadness. Pouting.

"Why not, we are always in this big house I wanna go outside" she whined, as Layla nodded along and Akira? He let out a loud laugh.

"Sorry, no can do. You have to talk to Papa, for that"

"Fine" Zara was dejected, as Akira out her in her bed and Layla stayed behind, behind Zara's source of comfort.

And then and there once Akira left did they sneak out. Layla holding Zara's hands as they left to there garden, the one that was forbidden.

Layla left Zara's hand go and showed her a movement.

"I can't magic but you can. Think of something that makes you happy!" Zara listened as she did, one of her hands started to create lighting and the other light it was weak and went out in the span of five seconds, but it was something. The two girls laughed. But what the two girls didn't know was that there was a monster that was waiting for them.

The burned one leapt and stood in front of them about to slash them, but a man stepped in the way using his arm to shield the two girls as he got slashed. Zara had started crying and Layla has screamed in horror, alerting the guards and there parents who were in the hallways. The empress had come into the light and had lite her hands up, fire bringing an orange hue to the two girls.

The empress had attacked the burned one, as the emperor had attempted to heal his son, the two girls, they were taken away as more guards had come out and helped the empress.

What they didn't know, was that that was the last time they would see there mother.

"So my... mom and I don't really get along. I know. It's a shocker. I'm not... exactly the ideal daughter for her. She'd love a cheerleader, and I'm... whatever the opposite of a cheerleader is. That night, I... couldn't sleep. Every time I closed my eyes, the rage just kept building. Then it happened." Bloom hesitated. Zara brought a hand up to her mouth.

"It was almost like the fire had a life of its own. I don't remember how long I let it burn. I just remember their screams. My mom was... covered in third-degree burns... 'cause of me. Every night after that, I... I snuck out. I was so... scared that I'd hurt them again... that I slept in this... creepy-ass... warehouse near my house until Miss Dowling found me."

"All right. Fire story beats shit story. What about you Zara?" Aisha asked, the first years looked at the third year.

"I uh- I don't have a story" liar

"You win. And your parents had no idea it was you?"

"I don't know how distant my fairy ancestors are, but... the most mystical thing my parents believe in is knocking on wood. What?" Bloom asked as she saw Aisha's confused face

"It's just odd. You drew on a good deal of magic without even trying. It's hard to believe you're from a dormant bloodline. Is there any chance you're adopted?" Aisha stood up, Zara had started to take that into account.

"No. No, I... No, I've heard the story of my birth a million times. "Miracle baby." I... had a heart defect in the womb, but a day after I was born, it was gone." Zara gasped and Aisha's eyes widened.

"Oh God. You... You're a changeling."

"What's that? Aisha, what's a changeling?" Bloom asked, but Zara answered the question

"A changeling is a fairy baby that's switched with a human one at birth." Zara had walked over towards the two then just facing them.

"Wait, what?"

"It's barbaric. It barely happens anymore. Which is why, this may not be true" Zara added, giving Bloom the benefit of the doubt.

"That's not possible."

"You're clearly very powerful, Bloom. You have to be pure-blooded." Aisha added on.

"Aisha stop"

I would know if my parents weren't my parents, Aisha. Why would you even say that?" Bloom was clearly angered.

"I'm just trying to help."

"Well, you're not." Bloom stormed off as Musa walked up to Aisha.

"What the hell did you tell her?" Musa asked them, wondering what was going on.

"The truth. Because someone's been lying to her."

"But even then, you can't just do that, we don't even know if that's true, and it's not our business" Zara said as she stormed off as well, clearly annoyed with the whole situation.