Dollhouse

Happy pride month y'all!! Anyway this is going to be a side story. I'll be using all the same characters only different settings a stuff. I will get back to the original story after this chapter, but I just needed a little break from it. Anyway I hope y'all enjoy. Also do y'all want a face reveal? Kinda like a get to know the author...if you don't that's fine with me.

__________________________

"Once upon a time, In a quaint little village on the outskirts of the main city lived a fair maiden. Her father was a knight who was out on a mission, while her mother was a baker. Today she was making her way to the castle. She would frequently meet up with one of the younger guards. Him and the young girl were of the same age, and had been friends since they were children. Her mother also told her to take her friend a loaf of bread and a couple muffins as a reward for working so hard to protect there kingdom. The girl agreed with her mother as she held a basket on her arm with the items in it.

She was just now reaching the outskirts of her village when she noticed a man sitting by himself. He was building a...well she couldn't see from where she was standing. She decided to be a little nosy and walk over to the man.

"Good morning sir," she said with a kind smile.

The man jumped at the sudden greeting and dropped his tool. He turned to glare at whoever disrupted him, but once he made eye contact his glare dropped. He locked his pale red eyes with the girl's (e/c) ones. He smiled.

"And a good morning to you madam," he said as he smiled back.

He bent down to pick up his tool that he had dropped and placed it by his creation. Now that the girl was closer she could see that he was making a doll house.

"Oh, what a lovely dollhouse," the girl spoke.
"Are you making it for your daughter perhaps?"

The man chuckled.

"I'm afraid not. I enjoy making houses in my spare time," he said.

The girl quickly apologized for assuming.

"I'm so sorry! It's just that...well," she couldn't quite get it out.

This caused the man to laugh a little more.

"Like I said, dear, it is quite alright. I am frequently asked that same question, so it doesn't bother me," he spoke softly.

The girl little out an embarrassed chuckle. She had made a fool of herself in front of a stranger. She glanced down at the pastries in her basket. She grabbed a small cloth that was hanging off the side of it, and grabbed a muffin. She handed the piece of food to the tall man.

"Please accept this an apology gift," she said as she shoved the food towards the man.

"Well, I can't really turn down food," he chuckled as he grabbed the muffin.

He took a bite. He had never tasted such a sweet thing. He politely finished the pasty with a smile.

"That was splendid," he said as he wiped his hands off on his pants.

"I'm happy you liked it," the girl smiled.

Just as he was about to say something a bell rang in the distance. It was now noon. The girl was startled by the sudden sound.

"Oh, I'm late!" She said as she began to jog off.
"It was a pleasure meeting you!"

"It was nice meeting you as well ___!" The man shouted back as the girl grew further away.

She smiled. He was such a kind gentleman, but wait. She never gave him her name. She brushed it off since it was a small village. Maybe he knows her, and she just can't remember him.