You Are (Not) My Destiny Part 37

Start from the beginning

"I hate you," was the sentence that come out of her mouth after a long silence.

I frowned, but an unpleasant feeling start to creep into my heart. Perhaps...

"I like you, Donghyun. And I don't like seeing you always around her. You're always at the Million Stars, your eyes are always on her. My prediction missed when you helped her in the Haunted Maze. And I guess by spreading rumors about Choeun-ssi with the ahjumma's intermediaries and did a little bit with Million Stars, you won't be there again. If that café is closed, I'll see you on campus a lot. You're going to play basketball and football more often..."

"Don't you feel that your actions are so selfish?"

"I know. But I really like you. You may not remember, but I saw you for the first time three years ago. At that time you and your basketball team came to our school to attend a friendly match. And I can't forget your figure from that day. You don't know how happy I am when I see your name on the student list at our university. And we even belong to the same faculty."

When telling all this, Hyunah's eyes lit up with joy. But that doesn't make me happy. On the other hand, I;m afraid. She doesn't look beautiful with those eyes. Instead, she looks... obsessed.

"And when I first saw you in class, I recognized you right away. How happy I am too, when I visited Million Stars, I saw you there. And we meet again as fellow basketball captains. I feel good fortune on my side," she sounded cheerful when telling this story, but a second later, her mood change, "but I saw your eyes... always fixed on Choeun-ssi. Wherever I see you with her, you always look at her, as if no one else is around you. You just pay attention to her. Indeed I know Choeun-ssi is Chungdae-ssi's girlfriend, but it seems like Chungdae-ssi can't always be with her, and instead you are always by her side."

My bad feelings are evident. It turned out that Choeun noona becomes the victim because of my feelings for her.

"So I thought that if I could get rid of Choeun-ssi from your side, you would be able to see me..."

"You're wrong," I interrupted, "whether or not Choeun noona by my side, my eyes and heart are only on her."

I can feel Choeun noona's gaze, she is now looking at me. I'm nervous, because it feels like I'm confessing my feelings to her, the feelings I had been holding since I last expressed them on a rainy summer day several years ago, when I found out that Choeun noona chose Chungdae hyong over me. But I have to say it now, to stop Hyunah, also to make Choeun noona realize, my feelings have never changed for her.

"You don't know what stories were in our past. But not only because of that I love her. I love her because she is Baek Choeun. She's always the cheerful one, and when I'm not with her, I always miss her. I'm sorry Hyunah-ssi, whatever you do, you can't make me stop looking at her."

Hyunah's eyes widened and she looked angry.

"But why? Look at me, I have everything. I'm beautiful, I don't have to bother working either, so if you're with me, it's easy for us to work in the same hospital later. Also imagine if you create Youtube content with me, that content will be very famous, because you know I also have a lot of followers. We have the same hobbies, we can be a good couple."

"But I just love Choeun noona. I don't have that feeling for you. I wanted to have good friendship with you. You think I don't know you like me? I know. And I still want us to be friends at least, because, it's true you said we are both captains of the basketball team," I explained in a calm voice that surprised me, "but what you did to Choeun noona really disappointed me."

"You're not going to reject me like this right? You will come to me and say that you regret it right?"

"No, Hyunah-ssi. This is my final answer."

Hyunah looked very angry and she suddenly stand up.

"You will regret it," she threatened in a trembling voice, "I am sure you will regret it."

"Hyunah-ssi. I'm not going to continue the report to the police, but I'm going to open Million Stars again. I hope you won't do anything else to that café... nor to me."

"You think I'm afraid of the police? Are you just trying to threaten me?"

"No, I'm not threatening you. I'm just warning you."

"Just do it if you want to report me, I don't care about that," her voice was loud as she replied to Choeun noona's words.

I don't want to return her words, but I just glaring at her, warning her that if she said something outrageous to my noona, I wouldn't remain silent. I'm patient enough with everything she did. Dongsun hyong is right, at least Choeun noona is not really hurt and nothing serious happened to Million Stars (if Hyunah doesn't want to apologize, and his prediction was like that, at least we can show some part of the video and clear the cafe name again, we just need a promotion, that was the plan), so according to him, I don't need to be too emotional either. Hyunah left us quickly, and she looked very angry.

"Finally... everything will be back to normal."

"Thank you, Donghyun. Give my thanks to Dongsun too."

"Let's go to the café now. Dongsun hyong and Bojin hyong are there. Let's think of a strategy to promote Million Stars again."

"I... I don't think I can go there today. I'm embarrassed to say this, but can you guys come up with a strategy?" asked Choeun noona, "and tell me what to do next."

I watching Choeun noona's face closely, I'm trying to lock my gaze with her, but when she see my effort, she look away.

"What's wrong noona? You didn't reply to my message. I thought you weren't coming earlier. Did something happen? Is noona sick?"

"I... yes, I'm just a little unwell, but don't worry about me."

"Do you want me to accompany you? I can change the meeting to another day..."

"No, Donghyun," she refused quickly, "I just need a little rest."

"Fine if that's what noona wants..."

Choeun noona stand up, and I hold her hand. She turn to me and smile faintly.

"Thank you Donghyun, for... everything."

"Call me when noona needs me anytime, okay?"

"Yes, for sure."

I let go of her hand and staring at her figure. She doesn't say anything after she heard about my feelings for her... ah damn... did I just make our relationship awkward? She looks unhappy... should I go after her? Ah you idiot, Min Donghyun... what did you just do? This is not the kind of ending you imagined.

***