letter 5

Draco stared at the last letter. His name was on it.

" To Draco Malfoy.

From yours truly, Hermione. "

Dear Draco,

I chose to write this letter last because I could write a thousand pages and it wouldn't be enough. My hand keeps shaking so I'm sorry if it's a little hard to read with my awful handwriting.

I don't think I'll ever be ready to say goodbye to you. I know I promised forever but I don't think I can go past that right now in this life. I'm sorry. It's okay to cry sometimes. I know that you're great at acting and hiding emotions but please let people in.

I want you to go out and talk to people. Travel the world. Celebrate life. Please don't feel guilty for leaving me behind. Leave me behind because I know that one day I'll catch up with you soon. In another life. That's why we did the soul bond, wasn't it? So cheer up, because you're not getting rid of me so easily. We still have millions of lives together. And I'm happy to spend it with you.

Life goes on. Time heals all wounds, and all pain is temporary. I hope you know that the pain will eventually fade away one day so please don't give up. Don't make it last that long. Don't let the pain swallow you whole.

I'm sorry I didn't have more time to spend my life, get married and grow old with you. I have so many things to say but I don't think I'll ever have the strength or courage to say them. I'm sorry that things had to end this way. Things like this happen sometimes and that's alright. That's okay.

Thank you for being in my life and making me so happy. I hope I made you happy too.

Goodbye Draco. I wish things would've ended differently. But sadly wishes don't happen much.

I love you. I love you more than anything in life. I wanted to spend life with you. I'm sorry I couldn't.

I love you. I like to think that I always loved you. I loved you from the beginning, now, and I think I'd love you in my next life too.

Yours,

Hermione