letter 1

Dear Harry,

This is the 10th time I tried writing this letter. It's the hardest to write.

Harry. Ever since the first day I saw you on the train I knew.

I knew that you would grow to be family. Someone who stays forever.

I'm so glad that I can call Harry Potter my best friend. Thank you for always being there for me and I'm sorry I left a little earlier.

I wish I had more time with you. I truly did. I wanted to see you become an Auror, have kids, grow old, and do everything you told me you wanted to do in life. I'm sorry I couldn't be there in person to see it.

Thank you. Thank you for always trying to help me fulfil all my dreams even after you heard about my condition.

It's okay to be sad. It's okay to not be okay. You don't always have to be strong. All I need for you now is to leave me behind. Leave me in the past and move on. I don't want to be the person dragging you down. Don't you dare feel guilty for my death.

I want you to live. Live for all the things I didn't get to do. You deserve so much love and I hope you know that you are loved by me. So loved by me. You deserve the best. I want you to laugh and smile when you think of me.

I've always loved your laughter.

I remember when we were kids, we used to sneak out on nights we couldn't sleep and steal cookies from the Hogwarts kitchens. The time we got caught and never did it ever again. If I could, I would do it all again.

I hope one day, you'll see me in the littlest things in life. You know I'm always going to be there for you, forever & always.

You know that you'll never escape me. So in your next life, expect to see me again. I know I'll see you again. I love you.

p.s remember the song we danced to? I found the lyrics.

"Hey, little train, wait for me!

I once was blind, but now I see

Have you left a seat for me?"

See you in my next life.

Yours,

Hermione.