Chapter 10

Hello readers!! I'm not usually one to have author's notes before the story but I needed to let you know before I start the next chapter that I'm changing the point of view back to Rosaline- first person. I tried out the third person shit and it just wasn't working. I hope you all understand!! Happy reading!!

"I'm sorry," I said finally, breaking the silence that had settled over Daryl and I. We'd made a lap around the cell block, and he'd shown me the highlights, but there was an awkwardness in the air that was unsettling, even to me.

"Sorry for wha'?" he asked.

"My behavior. I haven't exactly been civil since... hell, I don't even remember the last time we weren't fighting. Being away made me realize something- I wouldn't last ten minutes out in that world without you, without the group. I'm strong, yes, but there's something to be said about companionship, about relationships and survival. I almost died out there. Hell, there were times when dying seemed better than what I had going for me. But when Andrea found me, and we went back to where we'd stayed.. I found the supplies missing and I knew you were alive. And I knew how foolish I'd been. And I'm sorry. I've been a bitch for a long time, and that's not fair to you. Hell, it's not fair to anyone. I don't know what had me so... angry with the world. Maybe it's the way this world has turned to shit. Maybe I'm just going crazy. Who knows?

"But there is one thing I know for certain. It's that I can't live without you, Daryl Dixon. And I sure as hell don't want to," I said, and Daryl just stood there, his eyes at his feet.

"I didn't go look for ya. I should'a and I didn't. Guess I was jus' too stubborn. Either way... you coulda died, said so yerself," Daryl said to his feet. "You deserve a lot better than me."

"Perhaps you're right," I said to him, and his head snapped up. His eyes betrayed confusion and a bit of sadness. "But the thing is, there isn't a person in this world who I'd rather be with than you."

My hands stretched out and grabbed the waistband of Daryl's jeans. My thumbs hooked in his belt loops and pulled him towards me. I stood on my tiptoes and planted a tentative kiss. His hands found my waist and pressed me even closer, his lips kissing me back as fierce as ever.

It was beginning to heat up even more when someone cleared their throat behind me, and I broke away from Daryl, taking a step away from him and whipping around to see who was behind us.

A very pregnant Lori stood behind us, a hand on her hip and a smirk on her face.

"You just can't stay dead, can you?" she asked.

"Dead isn't nearly as fun as living," I replied. I took a step forward and pulled her into a hug. Lori and I had always had our differences, but I still was glad to see her.

"You look like you're about to burst," I said with a smile after I'd taken a step back.

"Hershel thinks I should be going into labor any day now. But now he's... laid up," Lori told me.

"Rick told me he got bit," I said gravely.

"He's alive, for now. But we don't know how long that will last," Lori lamented.

"Poor Maggie and Beth. It must be hard, not knowing what's going to happen to their father."

Lori shook her head in agreement. "Beth is taking it worse than Maggie. But Beth is always the more emotional of the two. Honestly though I think that Hershel has a good chance of pulling through."

Before I could respond I heard Daryl speak behind me. "I could show ya the grounds too," he said. I smirked. It was a clear he had an ulterior motive than showing me the 'grounds'.

"I could use some fresh air," I agreed. Lori nodded.

"You two catch up. I'll talk with you later."

I nodded and embraced Lori one more time before she waddled off. She was very, very pregnant.

I turned back to Daryl and he gave a nod to one of the exits. With a small smile I followed him out into the prison courtyard. From here, I could see so much: the walkers wandering beyond the fences, the guard towers, Carol's Cherokee, and the sun setting on the horizon. We stopped at a set of bleachers and sat down.

"I'd almost forgotten how beautiful it is," I said softly, staring at the gold and pink sky.

Daryl didn't say a word, but pulled out a small, silver bracelet from his pocket. It was a simple thing, with a silver chain connected to an arrow on either side.

"I promised myself, that if I ever saw you again... I'd give this to you."

He grabbed my hand gently and placed the bracelet around my wrist, hooking the clasp into place.

"I found it a while after we got... separated. In an old drug store, on a rack of cheap jewelry lyin' on the floor."

"It's wonderful," I choked out, my voice thick as I tried to hold back tears.

"I dint think I'd get the chance ta give it ta ya. And now I have."

I laid my head on Daryl's shoulder and stared at the sky. Sure, the sunset was beautiful... But so was the gesture dangling from my wrist.

Hello readers! Sorry for the delay once again. I hope you enjoyed!!

Don't forget to vote, comment, and fan!!

DFTBA!