He smiled, and Emma felt a wave of submissiveness wash over her. It was definitely some sort of supernatural power that was causing it.

"You are welcome here along us, make yourself at home."

He turned to Akasia again.

"Go ahead and join the others, sister. This kin requires no more guidance from you."

The girl nodded, but still did not move from her place as if the presence of the Crusader was keeping her down. He walked back, nodding at Emma. She stood in her place speechless at what had just happened. Then remembering the time, she quickly left the room after the crusader, she didn't have time to stall around. He seemed not too surprised to see her follow.

"Yes, child?"

"I was wondering, how will we bring the day of redemption?"

He raised his brows with a smile,

"Impatient are we." then he chuckled, "Very well, I can let you in on a small secret of ours."

He walked along the corridor, and down another set of stairs.

"You see, many supernaturals have been oppressed by Ancients for centuries to come. There are so much of us, yet why do they get to take the place at the top?"

Emma listened, tending to avert her gaze when their eyes met. He looked forward again.

"All of my sisters and brothers here would be exterminated without a second thought by their standards, they have enough power that we couldn't prevent it, up until now."

When they went down one more floor, Emma started getting a heavy feeling inside her heart, something was wrong.

"I will show you our grand plan, so your heart can rest at easy while joining us."

He pushed open the big twin doors in front of them, entering a room wider and bigger than all of the other ones she had seen up until now. There weren't as many ferals around, or almost none. The few ones seemed to hang out around the door like waiting to alert the others if anything happened. Emma followed the Crusader along, then her eyes caught a glimpse of something on the wall in front of her. Her brows furrowed, not sure if she was hallucinating. She looked at him again, and then the figure in front of her that was chained up at the wall.

Her red hair was covered in dried blood, her eyes closed as if she was in a painful nightmare.

"Jean...?"

"Ah, so you have heard of her. But of course, who didn't."

He smiles, taking a few steps forward but not getting too close.

"Isn't it weird how one of the strongest ancients alive chose death by leaving Jean alive? She could have held power in her hands, but decided to turn into ash." he chuckled, "But of course, everyone knew she wasn't exactly right in the head. That, or she knew something had to change."

Emma felt her hands starting to shake, she didn't know if it was from anger or worry.

"And what does that mean."

"You might have doubts, but you can't come across a descendant as strong or special as Jean often. There is Marius of course, but I doubt he would be easy to convince of certain things. We would have near to no chance while facing an ancient. Jean, on the other hand."

He gave a knowing smile, then his eyes looked up at the ceiling.

"So our visitor has already arrived. It was a nice talk, Emma. I think you should consider leaving your personal feelings aside and joining us instead."