32: Okay. How Much for the Arm?

Start from the beginning

I feel Bucky slide his hand into mine and squeeze before leaning down towards me, "Would now be a bad time to ask you to marry me?" He questions. I let out a choked laugh as I turn to look at him to see if he was kidding, but his eyes were sincere.

"Yes." I respond, "Ask me after the battle, when you have a ring. And maybe when we aren't about to head into a fight." I add as I shake my head at him, a smile breaking out onto my face.

"I have the ring," He corrects me with a smirk, "It's been in the nightstand drawer for a few months now. Just never found the right time to ask." He tells me. I shake my head as I let out a humorless laugh.

"And you thought now would be the right time? You're an idiot." I give him a side glance.

"Yeah, but I'm your idiot doll." He says to me.

"And I love my idiot." I shake my head before giving him a quick kiss as Rhodey informs us of two heat signatures approaching the barrier. I watch nervously as Steve, Nat, and T'challa walk up to the two creatures waiting on the other side of the barrier.

I couldn't hear their voices but as I was brushing Nat's mind I could tell by her thoughts that one of the other creatures had already been killed. A few minutes later, the three joined our line of defense again.

"They surrender?" Bucky asks, I hold back a scoff.

"Not exactly." Steve responds as he turns to face the barrier once more. With a motion from one of the leaders, hundreds if not thousands of some type of alien creature bolts through the trees and makes a beeline towards the barrier, not stopping even as some of the first who try to get through die.

"What the hell?" Bucky mutters when he gets a look at the creatures.

"Those are some ugly ass bitches." I whisper, Pietro makes a sound of agreement from next to me.

"Looks like we pissed her off." Nat comments, scanning the mass of moving bodies hurtling towards us. I glance over in time to see Venom completely take over Eddie and the Wakandans who were standing next to him were watching in a mix of shock and horror as Venom looms over them and licks his large lips in anticipation. I tense my shoulders and flex my hands, getting ready to use my powers to slow the creatures down and give Shuri more time.

It wasn't until a few started to get through that Steve turns to me with a stern expression, "Don't freeze time unless it's a last resort." He tells me, I give him an annoyed look before rolling my eyes and swinging my gun from behind my shoulder and taking aim. He gives me a curt nod before looking forward again as a few of the creatures get closer and people start to open fire.

I was zoning out the side discussions until I heard someone say something about opening part of the barrier and Pietro looks over at me, "Takže ich len pozveme dovnútra?" He asks me incredulously.(So we just invite them inside?)

I look over at him a shrug, "Aspon ich to zužuje. Dáva to Wande viac času." I offer as an explanation. (At least it narrows them. It gives Wanda more time.)

I hear T'challa give an order and his guards release their cloaks and the shields fall down. Bucky grazes his metal hand over my cheek lightly, and even though we say nothing, I give him a small smile and nod. I turn as T'challa shouts "Wakanda forever!" and then follow the mass of bodies that sprint towards the piece of the barrier that opens as we get closer to it.

I watch as Steve and T'challa break from the pack as they both speed towards the mess of aliens carrenning towards us and notice the blue blur that is my brother already slamming around in a pile of those creatures. The battle quickly met me, I slid under one of the creatures that had leapt towards me and see Venom bite off the head from the corner of my eye.