18. Case closed

Her eyes had a little hope that HM might not handcuff her but she was wrong.. HM looked at her misery, didn't react and handcuffed her. KS's eyes had lost their shine in a second... She had no one left...
Before they could say or do anything else, KS looked around, her vision got blurry and with a thud, she fell on the ground unconscious...

HM had supported her just in time to save her head from hitting the ground. HM was trying hard to be strong but she was not able to do that. Her chanda was in unimaginable pain and HM couldn't see that. She wanted to hug her and cry her heart out but she was the SHO. She had to be strong. AS immediately picked her up and took her inside the ICU. Whatever had happened, she was still his sister. He handcuffed her one hand with the bed. The doctors were called who started treating her immediately. She was under a lot of stress and her vitals were not stable. She was immediately put in a medically induced coma to calm her brain and let her body heal. HM had left the hospital because it was becoming difficult for her to process all of this. As soon as, she sat inside her car, she started crying vigorously. She had solved the case but had paid the worst price for it.
The case was closed and the culprit was arrested. The media had declared her to be the murderer even before the court hearing.

Days were passing in the MPT with sadness and misery in the air.
The Mahila Police Thana and its team were all miserable. The lights, the fun and the happiness seemed to have faded. The family seemed to have broken apart. It was all because of KS but still there were three gloomy souls in support of her. Three people knew KS was not the criminal, she was declared to be...CC, SS and billu... HM had stopped talking to anyone, PS had become rude and it was forbidden to even speak KS's name out loud in MPT. The place known for being KS's second home had abandoned her without any mercy.

KS remained in the hospital for 5 days, all alone, nobody except CC and billu came to visit her. She had refused to talk to anyone. She seemed to have died inside but her body was stubborn enough not to let go of her broken soul. Her eyes had forgotten how to shine and her face had no expressions whatsoever. She was supposed to be taken to the jail after her discharge where her inevitable death was awaiting her. She knew what's gonna happen to her and she had to do something about it... But why?? What was the point to even try because all her hopes and reasons to live were gone...
She had no one left in this whole wide world. She just let the universe do what it desired and stopped trying to find a way out. She was patiently waiting, one day at a time, to get the sweet relief of death and be free. But universe had other plans for her.

She was being discharged from the hospital today. CC was standing in her room, trying to get something out of her but she seemed to be a robot with no emotions. The constables had arrived to transport her. She got up without any expression and followed them. CC had started crying because he knew, it might be the last time he was seeing her. She reached the transport vehicle in a trance. CC was right behind her, impatiently waiting, for her to say something, to order him something or just give some kind of a signal that it's not the end but she hadn't turned or made any move throughout her way. The media was taking pictures and asking piercing questions but she didn't care. Just before sitting inside, she looked around for one last sign of her family, for one last minute hope that it might be a dream but it was all pointless. She turned and looked at CC staring at her. She looked at him, smiled a little and nodded to give him some strength. CC wanted more than that but he had promised her to stay quiet. It was getting harder by the minute for him but he had to do that or else all that KS had worked for will be wasted.

KS sat inside the vehicle and the door was closed. The media had surrounded CC for questioning but he was just crying and wanted to escape. He was feeling like a failure; defeated and useless. KS needed him but he couldn't do anything. He pierced through the crowd with difficulty and went towards his bike to leave the hospital. Just when he tried to put the keys in the ignition, he saw a piece of paper in his hand. He hadn't realised that in the crowd with all the media, someone had handed him a piece of paper with a message on it. He opened the paper and it had some numbers written on it with the initials SS below. He wiped his tears, rode his bike to the thana and found no one except Santu working on her laptop. Her eyes were swollen and red. She had been crying. PS was on leave to care for his lalla and billu was in his lockup looking gloomier than ever.