14. Last conversation

She took her to bed, placed her head in her lap and caressed her head until she was asleep. KS taking in all the love and care, as much as she could, dozed off in HM's lap. She knew it was the last time, she'd had the opportunity to do that...

After half an hour, HM gently put KS's head on the pillow, kissed her forehead and left the room. She returned to her lounge chair and started working on the files. After sometime, she felt thirsty and poured herself a glass of water from the bottle placed nearby. She drank it and engrossed herself in the files but soon she was tired and yawning. She wanted to work and stay awake but couldn't and dozed off on the chair there.
On the other hand, KS's sleep got disturbed when HM was shifting her to the pillow but she didn't wanna be a burden so she didn't show her. She went outside after an hour and found HM sleeping on the chair. She picked her up and put her to bed. Her sleeping pill had worked fine.

Flashback

When KS came to the lounge after dinner and found HM on the lounge chair engrossed in files. HM was in deep thought when KS went towards her from behind. She knew HM will not sleep or take any rest and she needed as much rest as KS did. HM was worried and panicking too much and it was not good for her or the case. She knew if HM found out about it, she'll be dead... But she didn't care. She needed HM to be okay. She put a sleeping pill in the water placed on the side table and put her hands around HM's neck.

KS: (cutely) Hasuuu....babyyyy... Aap abhi tak naraz hai hum se??..........

Present time..

She arranged all the files, discarded the water and washed the bottle so no-one would find out. She didn't open any file HM was working on and just went to bed. While on the bed, she kept staring at sleeping HM. She could be seeing her for the last time and she wanted time to just stop. HM looked worried in her sleep too and KS wanted her worry to be over soon. HM hugged KS in her sleep and KS's eyes got filled with tears. She couldn't imagine staying away from HM but she had to do that. She had to be strong for her. After crying her heart out, she dozed off in HM's arms. She woke up before HM and made breakfast after freshening up. HM was still in deep slumber. KS brought breakfast in the room and tried to wake her up but she didn't wanna wake up

KS: (caressing her hair and kissing her forehead) Haseena uthiye Subha ho gai...

HM: (putting her head in KS's lap and still sleepy) soney dijiye na chanda...please

KS: (running her fingers in her hair) Late ho ra he na baby...time tou dekhiye...

HM didn't listen and was still under the influence of sleeping pills. KS had an evil idea, she smirked looking at HM's innocent sleeping face and bending towards her ears, shouted on top of her voice.

KS: (teasing her) MADDAM SIRRR.......

HM woke up with a jerk, scared. Her heart beat was fast and her breath was irregular.

HM: (panicked) kiyaaa... Kiya hua KS??? Aap... Aap theek tou hain???
She checked KS for any sign of injury.

KS: (hiding her smile) Haan... MS hum to theek hain. Kaa hua???

HM: (breathless and sleepy) aap... Aap chillayi kyun???
KS: (not able to keep her face straight) hum kahan chillaye. Hum to theek hen.

HM understood looking at her expression, laid back down and looked at her sarcastically. KS laughed and HM closed her eyes to calm her nerves.

HM: (irritated) yeh kia tareeqa hai?? Ese kon uthata hai??

KS: (smiling) hum uthatey hen. Aap ghodey gadhey sab bech kar soyen gi tou kese uthaen?? Uth hi nahi rahin aap.