Chapter 5 - Security

Start from the beginning

She left her room and sat back down on the couch. Steph noticed the crinkling and slight bulk under Victoria's shorts but chose not to say anything. 

--------------

By the end of the episode Victoria was asleep so Steph closed her laptop and tucked Victoria in and made sure she was comfortable before retreating into her own room. It was only midnight but Steph was also starting to feel the emotional weight of the day and got herself into bed for the night. 

-------------

"OMG It's the girl who pissed herself!"

Victoria whipped her head around to see who said it but there were too many people around.

"Shouldn't you be potty trained before attending university?" another voice chimes in.

Victoria keeps looking to see where the voices came from but there were too many people around her. One by one they slowed down and turned to face her. 

"Oh look it's icky Vicky!"

Victoria's heart sank, that was her nickname in high school, how did they know?

"Icky Vicky! Icky Vicky! Icky Vicky!" 

The chants grew louder and louder as the crowds closed around her. 

"Look she's pissing herself again!" 

She looked down and saw a giant puddle forming beneath her, she felt herself letting go. The laughs echoed and grew louder and louder. 

Victoria jolted up from her sleep breathing hard. Once she had a moment and realized it was a dream she was relieved. Remembering the contents of her dream she shoved her hand under the covers to check her Goodnite and felt that it was dry. She did however, feel the immediate need to pee and went to the toilet to do her business. 

She washed her face to help herself calm down and ground herself. Exiting the washroom she stares at the couch and felt the loneliness. Checking the time it was 4 am, and seeing as she just peed, she decided it was safe to crawl into Steph's bed. 

Slowly she opens the door to Steph's room, and she was sound asleep. Doing her best not to wake her, Victoria quietly snuck under her covers and slept next to Steph. Settling in quietly, she was about to drift off to sleep when suddenly Steph's arm reached up around her and pulled herself closer into a spooning position. 

Concerned that she had just woken up her friend, Victoria was about to apologize when Steph spoke up "Mmmm Milo, I've missed you."

Victoria was perplexed but remembered that Milo was Steph's family dog back at her home. Deducing that Steph was still asleep Victoria left things as they were and drifted off to sleep feeling the secure and reveling in her current existence as the smaller of two eating utensils. 

---------------

The light crept through the settled on Steph's face. Her eyes slowly opened she began to regain her consciousness. She attempted to roll over but noticed a weight on one of her arms. Realizing the new presence her roommate beside her smiled gently and settled back into her current position. 

The past four years have been very kind for Steph. She grew up in a very tight knit home with little to no issues, so her transition away from home was a little rough on her. her bouts of home sickness were particularly hard on her, but fortunately she had Victoria as her roommate in freshman year. Even though Victoria was a little private and closed off at first, things changed once they got used to each other. To Steph, Victoria was the sister she never had, and despite their differences in style, habits, and loves in life, Victoria has been there for her from the first day. She could recount the nights where they stayed up talking, or when Victoria consoled her after she broke up with her high school sweetheart. Steph was very happy and content with her current dynamic with Victoria. 

Her thoughts were soon disrupted with a call from her bladder as she felt the need to have her morning pee, so she slowly pulled her arm out, careful not to wake her roommate, and tiptoed to the washroom to relieve herself and to do the rest of her morning routine.

Having finished her morning routine, Steph exited the washroom and decided it would be a good time to make some breakfast for the two of them. The university life has made her a pro at breakfast foods, unlike most who opt to skip breakfast and eat larger lunches, Steph much preferred the opposite. Cooking up a storm of eggs, pancakes, and breakfast sausages, Steph was in her happy place. 

"MMM smells great" a familiar voice says behind her. 

"Morning Vicky. Did you uh... sleep well?" 

"Hmm yeah. well sort of. I had a nightmare, but it was okay."

"Was that when you decided to take up my offer?"

Victoria blushed slightly, "yeah. did I wake you?"

"Oh no, I hardly recall waking up, or smothering the crap out of you." Steph replied with a smirk.

"Hey! It was my first time ever being spooned! I can see why people like being small spoon." Victoria said with a smile Steph hasn't seen in a while. 

Victoria sat down on the dining room table and heard and felt the familiar padding beneath her rear. 

"So um... did you... you know? Is it okay if I asked? You don't have to answer if you don't want to" 

Victoria's face went into a much deeper shade of red before responding. "No I didn't... I woke up to go after my nightmare." 

"Boo-urns! You could have joined me all night then!" Steph joked.

As embarrassed as she was, Victoria loved Steph's use of humor to diffuse the awkward moments. 

Shortly after Steph moved the plate of food to the table. The mountain of food in front of her was quite large, and no matter how long they're known each other, Victoria was always impressed and even a little envious of Steph's ability to put down large amounts of food while maintaining her slim figure. 

The two spent breakfast over a couple more episodes of The Office. Victoria noticed something slightly different in the flavour of the breakfast sausages, but figured it was probably some new vegan brand Steph is trying. 

"Oh crap! Vic, we gotta go. We're gonna be late for class!" 

"Oh shoot, yeah. Strauss is such as a hardass for punctuality."

As Steph goes to her room to change her out of her pajamas, Victoria washes her face and brushes her teeth before going to her room for a change of clothes. 

"VICKY WE'RE GONNA BE LATE!" Steph shouted from the front door. 

In her panic Victoria grabbed her oversized sweatpants and a large hoodie to wear over her shorts and T-shirt before sprinting out with Steph.