Ultimate Despair: Part 26 [END]

Start from the beginning

Junko suddenly seemed to drop all manner of cartoony villainy and stupid charades, as she composed herself and glared everyone, Chihiro especially, in the eyes.

"I understand having an unhealthy obsession...and I can see that you guys have an unhealthy obsession with Hope that you don't want to let go...and that's fine and all...but if I as the main villain can give you guys any friendly sort of advice? It would be to prepare yourselves...From this point on, you'll find nothing but Despair cropping up to block your path every time you make a turn. No matter which road you take, no matter where you try and hide...Wherever there's Hope, there will always be Despair. Yes, they are truly two sides of the same coin...Opposites...but Inseparable...In your devotion to Hope, will you guys be able to hold firm through all of that?"

"Of course we will," Chihiro spoke up "because truth be told, it's not just about belief. If we just believed, and Hoped, then we wouldn't get anywhere. We can do it...because we're strong...We're strong enough to overcome it..."

"You know, you really need to figure out when I'm being rhetorical," Junko sighed "I didn't need you to answer...Even that's about to come to an end...After all, it's high time for my punishment, dont'cha thing?"

"Wait...so you really intend to execute yourself?" Kyoko asked "part of me was thinking that was merely a bluff..." 

"Those are the rules!" Junko exclaimed "you're the one who figured out that I had to follow them! I'm the one who killed Byakuya Togami too, so all Mastermind stuff aside, I AM still the blackened!"

"Um...this might be a bit of a weird thing to say at this point, given all of the feelings we have harboured against you..." Taka spoke up "but...is it really necessary for you to go this far?"

"Huh? What, don't tell me you're worried about me?" Junko asked.

"I don't think that's what he was saying," Chihiro said "he's just saying, and yeah, I kinda agree, that it's not really necessary for you to-"

Chihiro got cut off as Mukuro suddenly placed a hand firmly on his shoulder.

"Don't stop her," she shook her head "she wants this..."

"Damn right I do! Were you not listening to a word that I said!?" Junko snapped "I have no Hope for my life! Quite the opposite actually! I'm positively giddy with anticipation for a once-in-a-lifetime chance to taste the sweet sweet Despair of death. So kindly FUCK OFF!"

As it usually did at the end of the Class Trials, right before the blackened got executed, the large red button Monokuma pressed to start the execution popped up. Junko, trembling with anticipation and excitement, approached the button, and readied her red-nailed delicate hand to press it.

"Puhuhuhu! Puhuhuhuhuhuhu!" she cackled "so this is the Despair of death, huh? It truly IS exquisite! Oh how I truly wish I could spare at least 10%

"Puhuhuhu! Puhuhuhuhuhuhu!" she cackled "so this is the Despair of death, huh? It truly IS exquisite! Oh how I truly wish I could spare at least 10%...no...even just 1% with the rest of this rotten world! Oh how I wished I could take this world and coat it in the paint of this marvelous, deep-black Despair!"