coming out

Hi, my names theo, and this is a story on my life as a closeted transgender.

Life is bad, assigned male at birth but inside I'm a girl, I know I am, but my mum doesn't like that.
She constantly ridicules transgender people and says that if I was ever trans, she would kick me out.
Now although I hate my mum, I can't get kicked out, I have no where to go, and although she is transphobic, she is an ok mum in other aspects, and it certainly hasn't helped since dad left.

I've already told her I'm gay, which surprisingly she is ok with, but I cant go any further, not yet anyway.

I'm 14, year 9 at school so only 2 and a half years left, living in Manchester England, and have a few friends, all girls, and today was a big day.

My best friend Ellie was waiting for me at the gates as normal, but this time I told her to wait early. I had a big thing planned.
"Hiiiii" she sung
"Hi" I replied nervously
"So, what is it you want" she asked
"I can trust you with secrets right, and please don't tell anyone, even your friends"
"Of course, it's a secret" she said now very intrigued
"Ok, I'm..." I said hesitating if I wnat to do this
"Your what"
"Transgender" I siad with a gulp
"Really, what so you want to be a girl"
"Yeah" I said now shaking
"Aww, congratulations, look I promise I wont tell anyone" she said cheerfully
Relief, it went well. I was so happy I started to cry.
"Aw dont cry, look, I'll help you out with anything" she said giving me a big hug
"Thanks so much ellie" I said wiping away the tears
"So, what's your new name, and I'm guessingyou what em to use she/her" she asked
"Yeah, and I was thinking chloe" I said
"That's such a pretty name, oh my god this is amazing, again if there is anything you need, just ask" she said
"Thanks, and I will"
"Have you told your mum yet"
"No, I cant, she will kick me out" I replied. Unfortunately that was the truth.
"Oh, well dont do it yet, hey do you wnat to come to mine one day to celebrate"
"Sure" I said.
It went perfect, ellie was happy, I had finally come out to her, I couldn't be much happier than in that moment.

And she kept her promise, all day people would refer to me as theo, which although I am chloe, meant she kept it a secret, even my friends didn't know.

That night I got a text from ellie, it was just showing me that she changed my name from theo to chloe on my phone.
It wasn't much, but to me it was, she fully thought of me as chloe, and that's all I wanted from her.