The Resurrection

Before the Crucifixion, Jesus predicted many things. He predicted His own death, He predicted which one of His disciples would betray Him, and He predicted that Peter, one of His disciples, would deny Him three times. He also predicted that after Peter denied Him three times, a rooster would crow. And that is exactly what happened. Peter denied Jesus saying, "I do not know the man" and, "I don't know what you are talking about, leave me alone!"

        Now once Peter denied Him the three times, and once He heard the rooster crow, He went away and wept. For His Savior was just taken away and was going to be put to death, even though He did nothing wrong.

        During the time while Jesus was being crucified, people spit on Him, thrashed Him. They even put a crown of thorns on His head. And then He was put on the cross, with nails in His hands and feet, where as most people would just be hung by ropes tied around their hands and feet.

        So Jesus died that day even when He could have been saved by His Fathers angels. And yet He didn't.....

        The tomb for which they put Jesus in was heavily guarded by a large boulder in front of the entrance, and guards that were sent by Pilate, the governer or roman official. Three days after Jesus' death an earthquake happened because an angel of the Lord had come down from heaven and went to the tomb and moved the boulder and sat on it. The appearance of the angel was bright and the angels clothes were as white as snow. And the guard there were so frightened that they shook and fell like dead men. Two women were there when this happened, they were there to see the tomb. Their names were Mary Magdalene and then the other Mary was with her.

        The angel then told the women, "Do not be afraid, for I know you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified. He is not here; He has risen, just as He said. Come and see the place where He lay. Then go quickly and tell His disciples: 'He has risen from the dead and is  going ahead of you into Galilee. There you will see Him.' Now I have told you.

       And so the women went off, afraid yet filled with joy, and ran to tell His disciples. Suddenly Jesus met them. "Greetings," He said. They came to Him, clasped His feet and worshipped Him. Then Jesus said to them, "Do not be afraid. Go and tell my brothers to go to Galilee; there they will see me."

       Isn't that just amazing?! Jesus predicted His death, AND He predicted His resurrection. Who else do you know could do that? Here I will answer for you: NO ONE! And not only did He predict His death and resurrection, but He also predicted on who would betray Him, and would doubt Him. Now these aren't all the predictions He made, no there are hundreds of those. But my point is is that all of His predictions came true......