Mr. Wilson and Mr. Barnes Pt.4

Bucky, Sam, Steve, Peggy, Bruce, and a handful of students are setting things up for the homecoming dance that night. Sam and Bucky were currently filling up the balloons.

"Hey hey, Buck, check this out." Sam giggled excitedly.

He sucks in some helium from a balloon, making his voice high pitched, and proceeds to goofily sing the Alvin and the Chipmunks theme song.

"Hahaha, Sam, you're such a goofball." Bucky laughed.

"Yes-a-roo, Buckaroo." Sam said, his voice still squeaky.

As they laughed, Sam's voice faded back to normal. When they were done with the balloons, Sam went to go help Steve with the streamers while Bucky helped Miles with putting the tablecloths on all the tables.

"So...Mr. Barnes, are ya gonna confess your feelings to Sam at the dance tonight?" Miles asked.

"What? Why would I do that?" Bucky replied nervously.

"Because, it'll be super romantic!" Miles told him.

"No it won't. It'll be humiliating, because he will reject me." Bucky grumbled, clamming up.

"No he won't. You're awesome! Why is it so hard for you to believe that someone might like you?" Miles replied frowning at Bucky's self depreciating nature.

Bucky didn't respond, in fact, he stayed silent for the remainder of the setup. Everyone leaves to go home and get dressed for the dance. For the dance, Bucky was wearing black slacks, a blue button up shirt, a black vest, and a black tie. After he tied his tie, he rolls up the sleeves of his shirt to his elbows and slicks back his hair. He walks out of his room to see Steve and Peggy getting ready in the living room. Steve had on a white button up shirt, black slacks, and a pink tie that matched the pink of Peggy's dress.

"You guys look great." Bucky told them.

"You look lovely too, Bucky." Peggy replied.

"And I know Sam will agree once he sees you when we pick him up." she added with a sly grin.

"Peggyyyyy!" Bucky grumbled, blushing.

"Come on, guys, we gotta get going." Steve said.

They'd file into Steve's car, Steve and Peggy in the front and Bucky in the back. Sam's outfit was a black button up shirt with the top three buttons unbuttoned, black slacks, and a red blazer jacket. Seeing Sam dressed like this made Bucky stare with his mouth agape.

"Hehe, you'll catch flies like that, Buck." Steve snickered.

"Shut up, Steve." Bucky snapped.

Sam slides into the back next to Bucky.

"D*mn, my man, you lookin' good." Sam said looking Bucky up and down.

"Y-you're not so b-bad yourself." Bucky stuttered.

It felt like Bucky's heart was gonna bust out of his chest. He wondered if anyone could hear his heart pounding as they drove to the school. Once things got started at the dance, Bucky began to calm down because he had something to focus on other than his feelings towards Sam. Later in the night, Sam and Bucky were just chilling, leaning against the back wall, watching the students have fun. Then a slow song came on.

"Hey, Bucky, isn't this one of your favorite songs?" Sam asked.

"...yes..." Bucky nodded.

Sam steps away from the wall and stands in front of Bucky, holding his hand out to him.

"Wanna dance?" Sam asked.

Bucky's eyes go back and forth between staring at Sam's hand and Sam's face...more specifically, his eyes. Then with a shaky hand, Bucky accepts Sam's offer and holds his hand. Sam takes Bucky out onto the dance floor and puts his other hand on the small of Bucky's back. Bucky places his free hand on Sam's shoulder and they begin to sway to the music. Holding his hand, dancing with him, and just being this close in general felt so right to Bucky...he couldn't take being silent anymore.

"Come on, James, it's now or never." Bucky thought to himself.

"Sam/Bucky, I gotta tell you something." both Sam and Bucky said at the same time.

They chuckle lightly at this, then they got back and forth telling each other to talk first.

"Oh, for god's sake. Bucky, I'm in love with you!" Sam finally said.

"You....y-you are?" Bucky asked him.

"Yes. I've loved you for a long time. But...I thought you wouldn't return my feelings, so I tried to move on, that's why I asked out my new neighbor. But that didn't work, and I'm glad it didn't cause now I have the chance to tell you how I feel." Sam explained, pulling Bucky closer.

Bucky stares downwards, trying to process what he just heard. Sam loves him, he actually loves him.

"B-Bucky?...." Sam said worriedly, lifting Bucky's head so he's looking at him.

"I....I love you too. And I've always thought that you would never love me back because...well because you're just so perfect...and I'm not." Bucky replied, sighing sadly.

"What are you talking about? You're f**king amazing, Bucky. I'm crazy about you." Sam said cupping Bucky's cheek.

Bucky couldn't stop the smile coming to his face, Sam's kind words made his heart flutter. Feeling like they're the only people in the room, the two press their lips together in a tender kiss. Though, after they heard a group of girls squeal excitedly, they remembered where they were at.

"So...are we...together now?" Bucky asked Sam.

"H*ll f**king yeah, we are." Sam replied kissing Bucky again.

For the next slow song, they danced, hugging each other tightly, Bucky laying his head against Sam's chest. He smiled the rest of the night. Sam was his boyfriend now, and he couldn't be any happier.

A/N: This is the last part of "Mr. Wilson and Mr. Barnes".