22

The two supernatural women were standing tall in front of each other, each holding a completely distinct look in her eyes.

Hope was gazing lovingly at Renesmee, who was still in shock. She could not believe what she had just heard.

Hope Andrea Mikaelson was in love with her? The same way Renesmee was?

Unbelievable.

Impossible.

It had to be a beautiful dream. Or worse - a terrible nightmare!

At that moment, Renesmee could do the only thing a sane person could do at that moment. She pinched herself. One. Twice. And she could not stop.

She needed to know that it was all real, that she would not wake up in Alaric Saltzman's car on the way to the ceremony.

She continued to pinch her wrist, and every time the pain was worse. Hope, without caring that Landon was staring at both of them with disbelief, reached out for Renesmee's hand to kiss it. She loathed seeing people injure themselves on purpose. The tribrid's lips on the hybrid's skin felt completely different from Jacob's. They were softer, almost like a baby's skin. And it did not matter that Hope's lipstick had left traces. They could care less about that.

And then, she tilted her head slightly, leaned in and pressed her lips to Renesmee's, holding her hand, while her palm was on the hybrid's cheek.

At first, Renesmee did not respond. It left Hope confused and it could be seen in her eyes when she pulled away from the kiss. But before she could ask Renesmee if she felt the same, the hybrid leaned in and kissed Hope with no more hesitation in her body.

Both women were on cloud nine.

And how could they not be? They felt liberated. No longer they would suffer in silence. They loved each other, and they wanted to tell the entire world about it. And if they were not accepted, then it was fine by them. As long as they had each other, it would be alright.

"I love you," muttered Renesmee as soon as the two of them pulled away.

"As I love you," replied Hope before pecking the hybrid's lips. Oh, how long she had been dreaming for this moment!

At one point, Hope had planned on sharing her first kiss with Renesmee in another place. After all, what kind of story would be that the two of them had shared their first kisses at the graduation ceremony of Hope's ex-boyfriend?

At least they would have a merry laugh out of it. And hopefully, Landon would too, someday.

Poor Landon! He had been left to watch two young lovers proclaim their feelings for each other. He couldn't help but feel like the third wheel.

"I'll just leave you both alone," The phoenix excused himself, raising his hands in the air, and left to go back to Raphael and the Saltzman family.

The phoenix barely made his way through the crowd. Even though only a couple of students were graduating, the ceremony had too many guests - the entire school, the graduates and their families. And some of them had invited extended families and friends! Too many people!

Landon scratched his neck, feeling awkward. He was still in disbelief that Hope was into women too. It was normal, and he knew that. He simply could not believe she had moved on and had grown up so quickly. But then again, he had grown up as well. Hope being away from him had given him the motivation to graduate from school early - something he did not imagine he was capable of.

"What happened?", Raphael immediately questioned, when he saw him.

Landon wished he could cry. But what was there to cry about? He had to be happy on his graduation day. So he decided to brush off the negative feelings. So what if Hope had moved on? So what if now she liked girls? He decided that none of that would matter to him any longer. He had himself to worry about. He had to choose where to attend University, accommodation, a part-time job. Now that he thought about that, he would barely have time for a relationship anyway. As long as he and Hope stayed on good terms, it would be alright. Renesmee did not seem like an ill-mannered creature in his eyes. If she made the tribrid happy, then so be it.

The phoenix smiled sadly, "Nothing. Everything is fine."

He would tell Raphael later on. But now, he was going to celebrate.

Everybody left for the grand buffet to grab a bite and a drink. The only ones who were missing were Hope and Renesmee, who couldn't take their hands off each other.

Poor Alaric - he would have to watch them suck each other's faces throughout the long journey to New Orleans!

At least the two in-love birdies were happy together. And the Mikaelson family would be even more elated when they saw them entering the mansion hand in hand.

Love was in the air.