Chapter 14: I'll pretend you're mine🔥

Start from the beginning

No. I don't have any more work here.

.

Sarawat sighed listening to his dad. "Fine, I'll come home with you. I'll come down in five minutes."

When Sarawat put down the phone, I spoke up. "What—what did he you say? Why is he calling you down? Do you think he knows we are here?"

"Tine, he doesn't know anything. He just asked me to go home with him and have dinner because I haven't been home much in the last week. I guess, I was a bit too occupied watching late night movies with someone special."

"Oh." I realised what it meant — It was time for him to go. I stared sadly at all the dinner laid out on my desk, which I would now be eating all alone. "Yeah. Yeah. You should go have dinner with your family."

I got up from the sofa when I felt Sarawat circling his arms around my waist "I am sorry I have to leave."

I tried to laugh it off, the best I could. "What are you sorry for? We literally had dinner together the whole week — you should obviously go have dinner with your family, Wat. I really don't mind."

In an instant, Sarawat pulled me closer to him, and for a second, I forgot to breathe for a second. "I guess I am just sorry for myself for not being able to kiss you more tonight." Sarawat pressed his lips on mine again and gave me a quick peck.

"Wat, you should seriously go before I change my mind."

Sarawat pulled me even more closer, pressing his hands resting on my waist. "What happens when you change your mind?"

I chuckled. "I guess you will never know." Tine pushes him away. "Go now. Your dad must be waiting."

/

/

/

/

/

It was almost close to midnight when I checked the clock, as I sat in front of my TV, watching a movie mindlessly. The sofa somehow felt bigger than usual and the quilt lying on the sofa, still somehow smelled of Sarawat.

I was just about to close down the TV and drag my soul back to my bedroom, when my phone started to buzz.

Sarawat calling...

And just like that, I was smiling again as I put the phone to my year. "Hello?"

"Hey you.. had you slept already?"

"No. No. Just watching a movie. How was your dinner?"

"Ah.. well, the airplane food sucked."

"Airplane food?"

"Ah yeah. I am in Singapore"

"Singapore? Singapore as in the country Singapore?"

"Yep, they tricked me saying it was dinner, but dad drove me straight to the airport instead. Mom and Phukong were already waiting for me in the jet."

"Wow. Your family... is eventful, I guess? And really rich, if I might add."

"And may be, just may be — you could be dating this rich family's son."

I shook my head trying to ignore his obvious pickup lines. "Why are you in Singapore, Sarawat?"

"Mom thinks we have all been busy in our own lives and we should spend more quality family time, whatever that means"

"I think that means she just misses you, Wat"

"And what about the fact that I miss you?"