You Belong

When you arrive at the restaurant, you're greeted by a lavish hug right out the gate. Adrian was squealing in your ear as she bounced in your arms. She looked as fabulous as ever, it made you feel a little underdressed. And leave it to her to point it out.

"That's what you decided to wear?" She studied you judgmentally.

You roll your eyes, "Just be happy I'm in a dress. Hi Chase," you lean in to give him a peck on the cheek.

"Hey Y/N," he greets you back. "Mr. H/L/N, nice to see you again."

"It's just H/N, man. Anyone who can get me out to have dinner earns the right to call me H/N," they shake hands.

Chase bows his head in understanding, "I apologize, I've been ordered to be on my best behavior tonight," he sneers over at you and Adrian.

You both avoid eye contact with him, not wanting to make it obvious that you guys had anything to do with it. When Adrian finished giving H/N a hug, you walk in. The maître d gives you a warm welcoming and escorts you to your table. The ambiance was dark, with the lit candles on every table giving off the majority of the light in the room. It smelled absolutely divine inside though. It wasn't until you sat, that you began to immediately regret even being in the same room as H/N.

"H/N H/L/N?" A girl's voice came from behind you.

When he turned two ladies came rushing forward, "Omg, I can't believe it's really you. I'm sorry to bother you, but we would love an autograph," the other says.

They couldn't have been any older than 14. In your opinion, they were a little underdressed to be out in public, but you weren't their parent so who were you to judge. Don't even get started on how much makeup the two of them were wearing, because they certainly had a point to prove with that one.

"Oh, um," he gives you a quick apologetic look. "Sure, no problem."

While he signs their restaurant napkins, they both notice you at the same time, and then glance at each other. Their happy go-lucky smiles quickly turn to violent distaste.

"You're that girl," one of them points at you. "The one who stole H/N from us."

Your initial instinct was to grow very sarcastic, however you were well aware that wouldn't turn out well. So, you opt for sympathy instead.

"I'm sorry, I wasn't trying to steal him from anyone. But he's here for you now," you wave your hand at him, as he hands them back their napkins.

When their attention was on him, they were still ecstatic, yet they remained unhappy over your presence, "Thank you so so much, this is amazing. As for you," the girl pivots back, "I hope you shrivel up and die."

You couldn't stop your jaw from dropping. Part of you found the comment a little comical, how could you not when it was so specific? The other part wanted to hide under a rock. Adrian was just staring at you, which didn't make the need to disappear any better. When they were out of range, H/N grabbed your hand.

"You okay?" He whispers.

You try to nod away the tears that wanted to fall, "I had no idea I had committed a felony by stealing you."

"I need to make a quick trip to the ladies room. Y/N, care to join me?" Adrian implies you didn't have a choice, so once again you nod. "Excuse us, boys."