Chapter I: New World

Moving to this big city with Grandma felt like jumping into a completely different world. You know, the kind where every street has its own story to tell. "It's like a whole new world here," I whispered to myself, already feeling a bit out of my element. Lucky for me, Grandma's practically a pro at navigating this urban jungle.

The streets were alive with boutiques and cafés, a stark contrast to the simplicity of our old town. Nostalgia hit me hard, I knew I'd miss the cozy vibes of our old place. "I'll miss it so much living there," I admitted to myself.

"We're here, (Y/N)," your grandmother's voice interrupted your contemplation. The small, welcoming house ahead promised a sanctuary in the midst of the city chaos.

You gathered your belongings and exited the vehicle. In front of you stood a small house. As you followed your grandmother inside, she opened the gate and went inside. You thought to yourself, "Ahh, not bad."

The house isn't particularly large, but it's perfect for you and your grandma, and it's also rather comfortable. There are already furniture sets strewn throughout the house. Last month, they started relocating your belongings from your old residence and bringing them here.

"Don't forget, we have a dinner reservation at 7 p.m., (Y/N). It's time to get ready," my grandma reminded me.

"Alright," I responded, questioning, "which one is my room?"

"The one on the right," she replied.

"Dress nicely, someone is bringing young men your age," she added with a sly smile before disappearing into her room.

"I was given a loft bed! This is fantastic," you thought to yourself. "Alrighty! So, what exactly do we have here?" You opened the closet and found a few new outfits, deciding on the chosen ensemble. "I guess I look alright?"

"Dinner awaits, Grandma! I'm ready," you announced as you emerged from your room.

Grandma emerged from her room, dressed in the same old clothes: long sleeves and capri pants. At the very least, her long sleeves now have floral motifs instead of the basic colors she usually wears.

Grandma, all decked out in floral motifs, led the way to a barbecue-themed place. The lively vibe inside just added to the excitement. At our table, a dude with a mustache and a long braided beard – Sir Sengoku, the town's mayor – welcomed us warmly.

"Tsuru-chan, you're late!" he said as he munches on his rice cracker.

Grandma gave him an unimpressed look, which I thought was amusing. Grandma took a seat next to him, and I took a seat near the window. The gentleman greeted me and offered me rice crackers. It wasn't long before the server arrived and inquired about our orders. Sir Sengoku told me stories about how he met Grandma. He also informed me about his occupation. I'm having supper with the mayor of this town, it appears.

Our orders were delivered by the server, but it appears that we are still waiting for someone. I'm starving and can't wait to get in and eat as much as possible. After 50 minutes, a tanned and broad-chested old man appeared in front of us.

"Are we late?", he said while scratching his head with a big smile.

As he sat next to Grandma, Grandma and Sir Sengoku only gave him a glance. "You boys sit next to the young lady there!", I completely forgot about the boys who were accompanying one of Grandma's friends.

A blonde young man sat next to you, a slightly younger man sat next to him, and a man with freckles sat next to that younger man. I believe I've seen the freckled gentleman before. We began grilling the meat that had been ordered. The three elder people have started to catch up with things while the meat is cooking.

"Hello! I heard you're a newcomer to town ", remarked the blonde.

"Yes! I am new!", I said, with a strange smile on my face. I'm not particularly good at interacting with others.

"My name is Sabo, and you're Y/N, right? You've been mentioned to me a few times!", he explained.

"Sabo it is hehe! Yes, I am (Y/N)," I answered awkwardly, without responding to his third statement.

He read me like a book and remarked, "So, you're the bashful sort, huh?" I simply smiled and nodded at him.

He asked which school I had transferred to, and we were both in the same school! He claimed to be the school's number two, possibly the vice president. We also swapped Mushi usernames so that we could follow each other. He also advised me to follow his two siblings; I glance at them and they appear to be eyeing the meat.

The meats are prepared, and Luffy, the younger brother, took a large amount and ate them all right away. I took a lot, too, and ate them slowly, afraid of choking. The three of them consume a lot of food. Luffy reached for food on my plate, but Sabo caught him and slapped his hand hard. I giggled and handed Luffy some food, and he smiled at me. Sir Garp told us some intriguing and amusing stories about the three brothers after we finished eating. We decided to return home after some time had passed. We said our goodbyes and climbed into our cars. Luffy waved at me as he stuck his head out the car window.

We've arrived at our house. I immediately went to my room and changed into my pajamas. I brushed my teeth, checked my Mushi app one last time and went to bed.

 I brushed my teeth, checked my Mushi app one last time and went to bed

Aug. 9, 2021 edit: Ok guys! Sorry if it's boring!! I'm trying my best! And sorry for the grammar errors!! I wrote this chapter 4 months ago 😭😭!!! Idk what I wasdoing back then! And this is my first fan fiction! Just wanna tell you guys that! Thank you for understanding! Ily all! 💚💚💚