Chapter 5: Mission Part 2

Start from the beginning

"Klion, would you do the honor of releasing him from his wretched state?"

"I don't know... It'd be a shame if we let him go just like that," he replied while grinning.

"Hmm! Hm!" atungal ni Illian habang pilit na tinatanggal ang tali.

"Suit yourself," sagot ko pagkatapos ay umalis na para magpalit.

Once I got to the bathroom, mabilis akong nagpalit ng damit na ibinigay ni Klion pagkatapos ay pinatungan ko ito ng suot ko kaninang duffle coat. Itinago ko na rin ang iba pang gamit na binigay niya sa loob ng damit ko. Of course, how could I forget about my companion for today? Matapos ko itong isuksok sa loob ng duffle coat ay bumalik na ako sa office ni Illian.

"Why did you come back?" bungad ni Klion matapos kong buksan ang pinto.

Naguguluhang tumingin ako sa kanya.

"Where's my earpiece? And what about the plan?" I asked with a slight frown on my face.

"Oh. . . did I forget to tell you that you're on your own today?" makakalokong sagot niya naman.

". . .Are you serious?" I asked, unbelievably with a face devoid of any emotion.

"I don't have any information about her besides the fact that she has a hidden room inside her house where she keeps all her inventions. Someone suspicious told me that you're the only one who got to go inside her house and thus, I trust that you will navigate your way there, safely."

"This is clearly a trap! Isang beses pa lang akong nakapunta sa bahay niya and that was a long time ago. You do realize that she's targeting me, right? If that's the case, I won't do this mission. Torture ang aabutin ko nito," I said.

The moment he mentioned her name, I had a suspicion that she's after me. Wala akong maisip na ibang dalihan kung bakit niya kailang isabutahe si Klion.

Come to think of it, walang ibang nakakaalam ng bahay ni Clea maliban sa'kin. That someone suspicious who talked to Clyde must be working for Clea and I bet that he realized that Clea is after me but he wanted his promotion so badly that he's willing to sacrifice me just to get it back.

Well, If I were in his shoes, I'd also sacrifice myself for less work and money.

"Artemis, I'm really desperate. I don't want to die from overwork! I'll pay you one million dollars, just please, get the hard drive back."

A million-dollar. I'm not confident that I can finish this mission unscathed but that amount of money is definitely worth the risk.

"Add five hundred thousand and it's a deal," I said.

Hindi na siya nagdalawang-isip at agad na sumagot.

"Okay."

He replied surprisingly fast.

"Then I'll need a hacker. Kailangan ko nang magb-breach sa security ni Clea. Illian, you're up!" baling ko kay Illian na ngayon ay nakawala na sa pagkakagapos mula sa upuan.

"Pagkatapos mo 'kong itali dito? Hmph. No thanks," angal niya.

"I can do so much worst than that. It's either you help me or you get your ass beaten, you choose," pagbabanta ko.

"Ayoko pa rin. Kiss muna," aniya habang nakaturo pa sa kanang pisngi niya.

"Hindi ako nakikipagbiruan, Illian."

Napasimangot naman siya pagkatapos ay inirapan ako.

"Kiss lang, napakadamot mo. Akala mo naman ikaw na ang pinakamaganda sa mundo eh mas maganda pa nga sayo ang pinsan mo!"

"1...2.."

"Asan na ba kasi ang laptop? Siguraduhin niyo lang na babayarn niyo 'ko dito ha. Mahal ang serbisyo ko," reklamo niya.

Klion took out a laptop from his bag and gave it Illian. The latter accepted it and immediately turned it on. Kumuha rin ng tatlong communication devices si Klion at binigyan kami ng tig-isa.

"Her address is *** ***** *****. I'll contact you once I got there. Think you can handle her security?" I asked Illian who's now looking serious in front of the laptop.

"Yep."

His eyes are focused on the monitor and it seems like he's a different person whenever he is in his work mode. Kahit ako ay namamangha minsan kapag nasa-ganyan mode na sila ni Axl. Maybe that type of personality runs through their family.

"I'll go now. Kapag may napansin kayong kakaiba, sabihin niyo agad," I said before going out and leaving the cafe.

I wonder what kind of trap Clea has in store for me.