Chapter 5: Mission Part 2

ARTEMIS LARCENA

"One of the important files from Clandestine Organization was stolen from me last Friday. It's inside the hard drive that the chief gave me and if I don't get it back by next week, I won't get my promotion and your salary will remain as it is," Klion stated while sitting on the couch, his right leg rested on the other, and his face devoid of any emotions.

Kumuha siya ng isang USB sa bag niya at tinapon ito sa'kin. I immediately caught it with my right hand and placed it in the pocket of the clothes that he gave me.

"I already know who took my files. All you need to do is insert that drive on her computer and the rest is up to the virus. Easy," aniya.

"Didn't you have a backup for it if it's so important?"

"The moment the chief gave it to me, it immediately got stolen. Luckily, the thief called me the next day saying that I should get it back from her house."

"So, sino?" I asked, pertaining to the person who took the hard drive. Tumayo na ako mula sa upuan at inihanda ang mga gamit ko.

"Clea," simple at matipid niyang sagot na naging dahilan ng pagsalubong ng mga kilay ko.

Is he nuts or is he just trying to piss me off?

"You're crazy, alam mong matagal na 'kong hinahanap n'yon. If she finds me, she'll drag me back to Clandestine and I'll get punished!" katuwiran ko pero parang wala lang siyang narinig at hindi ako pinansin.

Alam ko ang sitwasyon ni Klion sa Clandestine. His position there is not that great even though he's considered as one of the best when it comes to weapon making.

Halos lahat ng trabaho ng mga senior niya sa Artillery Department, sa kanya na lang inaasa. And he couldn't refuse because he's afraid that they would gang upon him.

In the past, he tried to complain to the boss about his situation but he only got this as an answer, "Clandestine is not for the weak. If you're going to work here, make sure that you can handle the problems on your own."

Despite his stern looks, he's actually a pushover.

"I know, but my promotion is at stake here. Money and free time are more valuable than you, you know? I'd die from overworking myself if I don't get that promotion. And besides, I trust you," he replied with a soft tone at the end. Halos kumislap na ang mata niya habang sinasabi 'yon.

It's true, he barely sleeps whenever he's working there. I took a deep breath and sighed.

"Okay. But I'll only do it if you double my payment," I negotiated.

Sandali naman siyang napatigil, ibinaba niya sa lamesa ang hawak niyang cappuccino at sumubo ng cake. I know that gesture. Gawain niya 'yan kapag nag-iisip siya.

"...I'll only add 10,000," medyo nag-aalangan niyang sagot.

"Dollars?" dagdag ko naman.

"Of course not! Where will I get that much money?" he exclaimed.

Lies. I know that much money is only a penny for him. Masyado lang talaga siyang frugal.

"Now I know why people call you a miser behind your back," komento ko bago pumunta sa restroom para magbihis.

"Hmm! Hmm! Hrm!"

"Oh, I almost forgot about you. Ang tahimik mo eh," baling ko kay Illian na ngayon ay nakatali sa sarili niyang swivel chair habang may busal sa bibig.

Nang dumating kasi siya kanina ay agad siyang nag-ingay at 'yan lang ang naisip kong solusyon para tumahimik siya nang hindi ako nag-e-exert ng energy. And it's also fun doing that to him.