28. Tickle Your France-y

July 1999

As Eloise walked downstairs into the kitchen to make herself some tea before work, she found a very sleep deprived Fleur nursing her baby at the kitchen table, doing her best to not doze off but failing miserably.

"Would you like some tea, Fleur?" Eloise asked with a chuckle.

Fleur's eyes shot open but she relaxed immediately when she saw her friend walking across the kitchen to the stove, "That would be lovely."

Eloise flicked her wand to fill up the kettle before turning on the stove. She leaned against the counter as she looked back towards her friend who still looked absolutely stunning despite her lack of sleep.

"You know, I can take over a night shift one of these days. I don't mind." Eloise offered.

"No, no, I do it so you and Bill can be rested for work. It's really okay."

"Her cries still wake us up even though you're the one to take care of her at three in the morning." Eloise laughed as she shook her head.

Fleur readjusted her shirt and shifted Victoire so her head rested against her shoulder, allowing her to gently pat the baby's back, "I'd still rather be the one that's up at all hours of the night than have either of you be tired at work."

The kettle let out a loud whistle and despite how quick Eloise was to pull it from the heat, the noise still disturbed Victoire, causing her to let out a sudden cry. As Fleur did her best to soothe the baby, Eloise could see just how stressed she really was. No amount of mother's love could make up for the lack of rest she'd had over the last two months, she needed a break, even for just a few moments. Eloise set the warm cup of tea in front of Fleur before holding her arms out, silently offering to take the baby from her.

"Thank you." she said with a sigh of relief as she handed Victoire over.

The new mother took grateful sips of her tea as she watched Eloise expertly console the baby, bouncing her gently and cooing at her until her cries subsided.

"A letter from George came for you by the way." Fleur said once Victoire had calmed down.

Eloise's head flicked in the direction of the window sill and her eyes came to rest on a bright purple envelope with her name written in George's messy handwriting. As much as she wanted to open it right away, she decided it was best to be patient and keep taking care of Victoire so Fleur could enjoy her tea.

"I'll open it in a bit."

"Give her here." Fleur said as she set down her mug, giving Eloise a knowing smile.

After Eloise handed Victoire back to her mother, she rushed over to the window to inspect the letter. It was sent in a Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes envelope. The purple color was her first hint, but the small orange 'W' in the top left corner as well as the wax seal with their logo on the back was all the evidence she needed. But she still couldn't figure out why he'd be sending her a letter from the shop, rather than from himself personally.

She tore through the wax seal and pulled out a bright white piece of parchment that was branded with their signature logo in the corner. Before she read the message her eyes scanned the page and she found it quite humorous that everything looked very official while his handwriting was so messy.

"Elle,

I've been working on a new product for the shop and I need your help. Could you come by the Burrow after work this Thursday?

- George

P.S. My mum knows I invited you over and is adamant about making you dinner, so you can't say no. See you Thursday!"