ten || "Yes, Girlfriend."

Start from the beginning

After a minute or so I broke the kiss and answered.

"Tomorrow I'm free."

"Good, because I want you all to myself." He kissed me again before walking to his closet, finding an outfit for himself.

"What are you doing today?" I asked, trying not to watch him change into his clothes.

"Going to take Liv and my mom out to eat and then I'll probably go to the store, help my mom pick out some new furniture." He explained while putting his shirt on. "Furniture? What for?" He put on his pants and say on the bed, sliding his socks on his feet.

He had reminded me that I came here in heels.

"She ripped her room apart, so she doesn't have much left in there." He grabbed his sneakers, putting them on and tied up his laces. When he's finished he exhaled loudly and waved me over in his direction.

I climbed onto his lap, straddling him and kissed him on the lips. He looked up at me and opened his mouth to speak, "I know we're just figuring things out right now, but there's something I want to ask you." He seemed worried now. "What's wrong?" I asked running my fingers through his hair.

"I don't want you to think this is all I want from you, I told you how I felt and I meant it. So I don't want you to think you're like everyone else because you're not."

"Remind me again, how do you feel?" I joked needing to hear him say it again.

He laughed and leaned back, holding my waist so I didn't fall. "I like you Summer. A lot. And I have for a long time." He ran his hands down my thighs biting his lip. "And I want you to be my girlfriend."

"Girlfriend?" I didn't think that word was in his vocabulary. "Yes, girlfriend. Or do you just want to use me for my body?" I rolled my eyes and he laughed. "I would've let you just so you know. Of course I'd be heartbroken but I just love seeing you under me." He paused, tilting his head to the side scanning me.

"Or on top of me."

Devon had never been in a committed relationship with anyone. I've been in one, but I was the only one committed to it. I was worried for our future. Afraid we'd ruin the best parts of each other leaving nothing left to love. I know I'm being a pessimist but I've been hurt before. Devon knew my ex was an asshole but I never explained everything to him. All the things he's said to me. He took every piece of me that I cherished and broke them. Broke me. I gave him everything and he gave me scars in return.

"Summer? If you're not ready for that it's fine, I can--" I placed my finger on his lips not wanting him to finish his sentence.

"I want to be your girlfriend."

"You do?"

I removed my finger from his lips and he sat back up, wrapping his arms around me.

"Yes. But you have to promise me we'll be okay even if we don't work out." I couldn't handle losing him all together.

"Who said we're not going to work out? You could be my first and forever." I furrowed my brows at him, letting him know it was a bad time for a joke.

"I promise you Summer Nolan." He patted on my thigh twice and I released him and stood by the bed.

"That wasn't a question by the way, you didn't ask me anything." I said crossing my arms, "You're right I guess that wasn't a question. But at least I know you won't say no when I really ask you to be my girlfriend." He stated walking away. I grabbed his arm and he turned his head to me, a puzzled expression on his face.

"You weren't asking me to be your girlfriend just now?" I was beyond confused. He laughed and walked towards me. "Summer come on, this is not the way I'd ask you to be my girlfriend." He said cocking his head to the side. I didn't get it what was wrong with just asking someone to be your girlfriend?