Thirty One

Demi | Mature

Odell draped his jacket around my shoulders and I smiled at the warmth. He slid his hand back into mine and swung them between us as we walked along the beach. The sun was slowly beginning to set and the view across the horizon was breath-taking.

"Thank you for today" I softly spoke into the silence that had surrounded us.

"You're welcome. I'm glad I could take your mind off it, even if it was just for a little bit" I came to a stop and turned to face him.

"I think losing my mom was one of the hardest things I ever went through" I glanced down at my hand that was still linked with Odell's. "I'd either spend the day with Dallas and Madison or I'd spend it at home alone. It was nice to do something different this year" I glanced back up to meet Odell's gaze and he flashed me a smile, giving my hand a subtle squeeze. "I really resented Madison after she was born. Our mom died giving birth to her" tears suddenly burnt at the backs of my eyes. "It wasn't until our dad started to spiral that I realised it wasn't her fault. It wasn't anyone's fault. From then on, I vowed that I'd never let that girl down" Odell lightly wiped the tears from my cheeks.

"Madison really loves you, Demi" my smile widened. "If it wasn't for you and Dallas, she wouldn't be the girl she is today."

"I owe Dallas so much" Odell leant to delicately kiss my forehead. "And I also owe you a lot too" his eyebrows furrowed.

"For what?"

"For this past month. You've helped me so much with what happened with Luke and then the-the baby" I released a breath before I continued. "You probably don't even realise how much you've helped me. If it wasn't for you, I'd probably still be lying in my bed right now, wallowing in self pity. You saved me from..." I slowly trailed off as I glanced down at our hands. "Just thank you, Odell, for-for being a friend."

"If I hadn't have been there for you, you already know that Dallas, Jordan or Matthew would have been."

"Matthew's already pissed about how much time I'm spending with you" Odell lightly laughed and I bit down on my lip as I lightly giggled. "He thinks you're going to replace him" I rolled my eyes at how absurd that statement was.

"I wouldn't dare" we stared at each other for a moment, our eyes remaining locked. I could feel this pull between us, it felt a little like a magnet. It's like we're a positive and negative charge being pulled together. I went up onto my tiptoes and slowly leant into Odell, not wanting to scare him off with how intense this moment felt. His hands were on my hips, pulling me more into him. I slowly ran my hands along his neck and into his hair. I pressed my forehead to his and with my heart hammering against my chest, I wrapped my lips with his. The kiss was sweet, it wasn't like any kiss we had ever shared before. It was intimate. It was loving. It made my spine tingle. Odell was the first to pull away and I bit down on my lip as I stared down at the floor. He cupped my chin in his fingers and lifted my head up so I was looking directly at him. "How would you like to go for some ice cream?"

"After everything you just ate?" he rolled his eyes and I giggled.

"I-I still have room for some ice cream."

"Ice cream sounds good then" he nodded, slid his hand back into mine and guided me off the beach.

-

I giggled as Odell's lips ran along my neck.

"I'm trying to pay attention to the movie which you should also be doing" I lightly shoved him away, laughing harder as he groaned. He slumped back against the sofa, his eyes darting momentarily to the tv. I bit down on my lip and glanced over at Odell, trying to stifle my giggle at the pout he had on his mouth. He turned to meet my gaze, his eyes narrowing into a playful glare.

"You don't play fair."

"I'm not doing anything" he rolled his eyes as I laughed. "I'm literally just trying to watch a movie, Odell, a movie that you picked out" I pointed to the tv to emphasise my point. I relaxed back against the sofa, trying to ignore the tingles that ran along my body as he ran his hand along my thigh. I kept losing focus on the movie that was playing as Odell began to trace patterns on my thigh with the tip of his finger. The doodles started out innocent but eventually turned provocative. I turned to him with my eyebrows slightly raised. He laughed as he met my gaze and removed his hand from my thigh. "And I don't play fair?" he continued to laugh as he turned to face me.

"You don't" he slowly leant into me, his lips brushing delicately with mine. His hand ran along my side as he slowly pushed me down on the sofa. He settled himself between my legs and I moaned into the kiss at the fact I could feel him growing in his pants. He detached our lips and began to kiss in the nape of my neck. I arched into him, moaning at the sensations that his lips against my neck caused. His fingers worked to lift my shirt up as I slid my hands along his back. Our lips danced together as we removed each other's clothes. He kissed down my body, my back arching off the couch as I moaned my pleasure, my fingers running through Odell's curls. My breath caught in my throat as he pressed a kiss to my clit, his fingers running featherlike over my skin causing the entire surface of my skin to goosebump. His hand moved to his length which he gave a few pumps as his tongue lapped at my juices. I cried out as he slowly eased himself into me. He nuzzled his face into my neck as he moved against me, his hot breath dancing along my neck making me shiver. A layer of sweat formed on our bodies as they moved together, our lower bodies moving together in perfect sync. Odell removed his face from my neck and stroked a strand of hair behind my ear as we locked eyes. The connection made me lose all control and my body arched into him as I hit my high.

——