And then as I got older they got worse, mom and Jason started doing more drugs, and alcohol. The lessons as they used to call them which was just a way of saying beatings got a lot more regular,sometimes more than once a day. I got less and less food meaning I had to get jobs to feed myself which was pretty hard for a 10 year old.

Then they started using weapons, beer bottles, knives, bricks basically anything they could get their hands on." My hand subconsciously went to the scar on my rib thumbing it slightly as images of that horrific night flashed in front of my eyes. There was a strain in my voice, stupid fucking emotions.

"I tried running away once, didn't turn out great. I could give you more detailed accounts of what happened but I'm pretty sure neither of us want that." I looked back up to see Xavier, tears were pooling in my eyes, blinked hard trying to get rid them.

"No... no this can't be. Mom- she -she wouldn't-." I didn't let Luca finish. Standing up I opened my hoodie, taking it off I faced him. His face whitened as if he had seen a ghost, turning around I gave him a look of my back, this time he actually gasped out loud. I didn't blame him, the back part was truly horrific.

As I faced him "Believe me now?" Luca was stuttering to get an answer out, "You told me that day. When you came back home at 4:30 in morning. You said that you knew I was hiding something....you were right."Luca remained silent.

I turned to the rest of my family, there were so many emotions present on their faces- pity,anger, guilt, dread, horror and most prominent of all shock. I could tell very clearly that they didn't expect this and moreover they didn't expect their mother to be the one to do this.

I cleared my throat breaking them out of a trance they were in "So that pretty much concludes my story." I sat back down on the couch, staring hard at the coffee table, my head seemed to be pounding, there was an incessant ringing in the back of my head, and it was like I was seeing flashbacks every once in a while.

"I don't get it." Dante said breaking the silence that loomed over us like a sword hanging by a slim thread. "What?" I asked. "If she didn't want you. If she never truly cared. Why the fuck did she take you and leave?" I was confused at that. Jasmine always went out of her way to remind me why she took me. Did our father never tell them.

"He never told you?" Still not looking up. I received a no from Dante and Marco, Luca's answer was pretty obvious but the eldest two remained quite, one look of their face and saw guilt practically written on their forehead. "He told you two." I said more as a statement rather than a question.

"The youngest three pounced on them with questions, "Okay, okay. Just calm down. Yes he told us but we just couldn't do that you. I mean come on, he told us a year before he died and by the time we came to terms with why mom left dad left to and we just couldn't hurt you guys more."

"I still want to know why she left." Marco spoke up, and right now I was more than happy to let the others know. "Jasmine, you oh so sweet mother had an affair with Jason. They were about to have a baby.  So your mother chose to leave dad. But like the psychopath I remember her to be she didn't want to leave with out money. Enough to last her a while but like a sensible human being our father disagreed. So she took me, as a way to show him that no matter he has the money she can still destroy him."

Xavier looked as if his brain was broken trying to piece a sentence together "So you were just..." "Caught in the crossfire." I finished for him. "What happened to the baby?" Luca asked, it was the first time he talked in a while. "Miscarriage. And you know thank fucking god that it didn't come into this world, Jasmine and Jason would have ruined that baby's life before it even got to live it."