A N S - Reading

What most writers want is to become the best they can be, but it's very hard to do that when we don't always know where we have gone wrong and if we don't know, how can we improve?

Book clubs are great. You're paired with another member and each will leave comments on each other books. All comments should be useful to the writer, so we only accept constructive criticism. This is where one person will give another their opinion and advice on how to improve the story. It maybe that the sentences don't flow well, or announcing POV changes is a problem.

Here at ANS, we understand that some writers don't understand the importance of giving and receiving feedback. However, by signing up for this group, you are agreeing to give constructive feedback and to receive it politely. If you don't like what your partner has said, maybe you don't agree with it, but that is no excuse to cause drama. Drama will not be tolerated.

A N S Reading Group is a very simple and uncomplicated take on a book club.

All members will be given fourteen days to complete their reading. If you haven't done it or haven't done it to the standards we require, you will be given a warning and told to complete it/redo it. If you do redo it, the warning will be withdrawn, if not, it turns to a strike.

You will read the minimum of one chapter depending on your writing level, which will be decided by the moderators.

For beginner writers on Bronze level, the type of feedback you should be able to leave is...

I liked ... I didn't like... and I think you could improve on this ... So a minimum of three lines on one chapter

For an intermediate writer on Silver level, you should be able to go into a bit more detail and leave a minimum of six lines on two chapters (6 lines per chapter)

For an Advanced Writer on Gold level you should be able to go much more detail and leave at least five lines of feedback on three chapters. (Five lines per chapter)

We don't want rude comments. If you wouldn't like someone to say it about your work, please don't say it to others.

The pairs will be posted when we have a minimum of eight people signed up

For the form please see the next page